spanish tailoring

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SDM22, Mar 19, 2016.

1. SDM22

SDM22 New Member

Hello everyone, while I keep the forum and this is my first intervention. I am Spanish , and I am curious to know what view there beyond our borders Spanish tailoring and spanish fashion

2. rgould

rgould Well-Known Member

I can barely understand your post, but having spent some time in Madrid my impression was the following:

The Spanish have a great sense of style. Men and women are very well dressed. They struck me as a much more conservative version of Italians. I kept reaching out to suits that had great cuts and fit and touching them and seeing they were made out of burlap or some cheap fabric- perhaps this is because the average person dressed so well that I am expecting them to have great fabrics and craftsmanship too (which the average person cannot afford). I did not witness any fine fabrics or craftsmanship while I was there (quite the opposite)- but great style across the board.

3. GBR

GBR Senior member

Not really possible to work out where this thread is going - except to page 2 with luck.

4. rgould

rgould Well-Known Member

Following up on this- I had the pleasure of visiting Santa Eulalia in Barcelona. Their in house bespoke service is world class. I believe the tailor is from Norway or somewhere in Scandinavia. His work is outstanding.

5. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

I was there today. An AMAZING store. Must see for anyone visiting Barcelona.