1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

spanish tailoring

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SDM22, Mar 19, 2016.

1. SDM22

SDM22 New Member

Hello everyone, while I keep the forum and this is my first intervention. I am Spanish , and I am curious to know what view there beyond our borders Spanish tailoring and spanish fashion

2. rgould

rgould Well-Known Member

I can barely understand your post, but having spent some time in Madrid my impression was the following:

The Spanish have a great sense of style. Men and women are very well dressed. They struck me as a much more conservative version of Italians. I kept reaching out to suits that had great cuts and fit and touching them and seeing they were made out of burlap or some cheap fabric- perhaps this is because the average person dressed so well that I am expecting them to have great fabrics and craftsmanship too (which the average person cannot afford). I did not witness any fine fabrics or craftsmanship while I was there (quite the opposite)- but great style across the board.

3. GBR

GBR Senior member

Not really possible to work out where this thread is going - except to page 2 with luck.

4. rgould

rgould Well-Known Member

Following up on this- I had the pleasure of visiting Santa Eulalia in Barcelona. Their in house bespoke service is world class. I believe the tailor is from Norway or somewhere in Scandinavia. His work is outstanding.

5. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

I was there today. An AMAZING store. Must see for anyone visiting Barcelona.