• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spanish shoe brands

mrri77

Reaction score
I will be traveling to Spain shortly and was wondering as to whether anyone had any opinions on the less mentioned spanish shoe brands. When talking about spanish shoes one always hears Carmina and Yanko. Does anyone know about Lottusse, barrats, kollflex, george's handmade and the other welted shoe brands? Also, are the Carmina prices in Spain less expensive than in their paris store? Thanks.

Hanseat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrri77
I will be traveling to Spain shortly and was wondering as to whether anyone had any opinions on the less mentioned spanish shoe brands. When talking about spanish shoes one always hears Carmina and Yanko. Does anyone know about Lottusse, barrats, kollflex, george's handmade and the other welted shoe brands? Also, are the Carmina prices in Spain less expensive than in their paris store? Thanks.

I think it really depends on where you are going- if you can arrage to make a detour to Mallorca you're right in the heart of the spanish shoe-industry and will find outlets for brands such as Yanko and Carmina.

I have a pair of Lottusse's (brown suede chelsea boots with rubber sole) that I am very fond of and think quite well of their quality (esp. for less than 200 Euros). My dad has a pair of Yanko loafers that he's a bit dissatified with (the nails on the heel rust because they are iron) and wears as a kickaround-shoe by now.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been living in Spain for about 15 years, and I must say that lately, I almost only by Italian and Swiss (Bally) shoes. I have tried all these Lottusse, Yanko, Georges, Barrats, etc., and they are not really bad, and I still use them (I am wearing an old pair of Georges), Spanish shoes are not that cheap that you think that they are a great deal, compared to Italian shoes.
Actually, I still use a pair of Yanko shoes (black leather, classic style) now and then, which I think look OK and which are very comfortable, but the two last pairs of Yanko shoes I bought turned out to be horrible, not comfortable att all and one of them was out of quite thick leather that got strange wrinkles.
Have a nice trip!

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a pair of welted Pertinis -- plaintoe bluchers. They weren't terribly expensive, and for the price, the leather is nice and the construction seems sturdy. At first blush, they seem nicer than the Loake chestnut blucher, for example. But I browsed through Pertini's online catalog recently and was surprised at how far out many of the offerings were.

Oddly, I can't view their online catalog now -- seems to be down. I also notice that Bennies' site has a page saying they have discontinued the line, and I believe Franco's has as well. Anyone have more info?

Avers

Reaction score
Aren't Mezlan Spanish? Most of their shoes are made in Spain.

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Avers
Aren't Mezlan Spanish? Most of their shoes are made in Spain.

Mezlan is Italian...

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Magnanni is also spanish and make a nice shoe at a low pricepoint.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by demeis
Magnanni is also spanish and make a nice shoe at a low pricepoint.
¡Never heard of Magnanni here in Spain! The spelling looks more Italian. Or is it one of these Spanish manufacturers trying to keep an italian image?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by epa
¡Never heard of Magnanni here in Spain! The spelling looks more Italian. Or is it one of these Spanish manufacturers trying to keep an italian image?

interesting. labelling on the shoe definitely says "made in spain"

and on their website:

Blanco Aldomar s.l.
Avda. Infante Don Juan Manuel 10
02640 Almansa, Albacete, Spain

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris "Italia"
Mezlan is Italian...
I thought Mezlan was Spanish as well, and can confirm my Mezlan double monks are made in Spain (just checked)

maltess

Reaction score
I am from Spain, in my experience Lotusse is very bad, they age very fast among other bad things. Yanko is better, a good deal for the price and Carmina is much better than yanko and Lotusse, is a very good brand, but they cost almost twice as well.

best regards

BoomDiggs

Reaction score
The Mezlans I own are Spanish made. I am pretty sure they all are. They suck.

Loudly

Reaction score
Are Loewe still making men's shoes? If so, any opinions?

I seem to remember seeing some a couple of years ago, and liked the styling.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads