• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spandex is back?

hsk5025

Reaction score
don't you guys love looking at their ass? girls' ass look so nice in leggings
smile.gif
but only on HOs. i wouldn't want those on my future gf.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A girl's ass can look good in any number of garments that don't look completely trashy.

breakfasteatre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont really care how girls dress, but spandex gets a thumbs up from me

camel toe and nice, tight asses for all the world to see.
Its nice seeing an ass that you can imagine grabbing, and being able to touch your fingers to each other, with that handful of ass still inbetween. Now thats an ass i want to eat spagetti out of

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are spandex and leggings different? Girls here are always wearing leggings with Ugg boots and a shirt. or whatever. It's annoying but hot.

selbsttatig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Cause it's just not a good look. And besides, I have no desire to date a girl that dresses like she was raised in a trailer park. I'm firmly of the belief that how you dress says something about you, and girls that indulge every trashy or ghetto fad turn me off because I associate the dress with a trailer park/ghetto attitude.

I completely agree with this. I don't know what's up with the rest of you guys.

riverrun

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
It's annoying but hot.

that reads like an invitation to a session of propositional calculus to me

Jelly or Syrup

Reaction score
some rainbow surfers in here

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
In montreal, it's everywhere. I don't know what started it. I think it's a terrible look that should have stayed dead in the 80s. Once in a while I'll get turned-on by a chick wearing those things, but generally it's just another example of trashy dress and trashy dress is a big turn-off for me.

mmm.. I think it looks great on certain girls, in many it looks good and not trashy at all.

Many girls wear that here together with a miniskirt to go clubbing etc. It looks good and also allows them to dress sexy even during winter.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lakewolf
mmm.. I think it looks great on certain girls, in many it looks good and not trashy at all.

Many girls wear that here together with a miniskirt to go clubbing etc. It looks good and also allows them to dress sexy even during winter.

There's a huge difference in my mind between wearing them with a skirt, which can look ok (not great, but ok) when done properly, and wearing them just on their own, which looks horrible. I'm not saying i've never seen a hot girl in those things and not thought she had a fantastic ass. I just think that it's a slutty, trashy look, that has no appeal to me in the vast majority of cases.

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems that the same people that rush to hate on amjacks for dressing like **** (even though the amjacks probably look better than them in all ways because of their body/face), yet they rush to defend a hot girl in trashy dress...

No, I don't want my girls to dress like a brooks brothers catalogue, but perpetual sexy dresses would be nice
teacha.gif

Regardless if they're hot or not, why would I go for the trash when I can just as easily get a hot girl who doesn't look like trash (in my eyes)

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
honestly it looks like they forgot to put on a piece of their outfit. LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS. dumb girls at my work got in trouble for trying to get away with wearing leggings & a shirt that doesn't cover their ass. guys may think its hot but it doesn't exactly scream 'class' as much as 'i need to dress skanky to get attention.'

The Wayfarer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slycedbred
So I've noticed girls around campus have been wearing spandex as pants again. The color is usually black. Has anyone else noticed this?

OMG, teyy alsocomme in hot pink, atomic green, and mooooore!

It's called American Apparel and/or 80s throwback "irony" that has been replicated over and over and over again until the "irony" had faded and no one remembered why they were dressing like that in the first place.

You may refer also to: Aviators, mustaches, sweat bands, nylon creeper jackets, polka dots, skinny jeans (which I don't mind so much), and whatever __fill in the blank__ "it's from the 80s!" fashion. Oh, and hipsters with mullets. File that under the same category.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Wayfarer
You may refer also to: Aviators, mustaches, sweat bands, nylon creeper jackets, polka dots, skinny jeans (which I don't mind so much), and whatever __fill in the blank__ "it's from the 80s!" fashion. Oh, and hipsters with mullets. File that under the same category.

I don't think polka dots belong there with the others. A polka dot summer dress can look hot.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Didn't realize Ace and Gary are members of teh board.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
I already said my peace, but I am going to follow up to GQ:

1. You're not marrying her asshole. You sound like someone who would walk into a strip club and expect the dancers to be wearing conservative and tasteful dresses. Get a life.

2. Was the "friend" you asked who was not into clothes a pitcher or a catcher?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads