1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Spalla Camicia - The back view

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by itsstillmatt, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

2. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Gotcha. I have three jackets made with a spalla camacia - one bespoke and two RTW. One of the RTW, maybe both, has lapped sleeve seams. I am pretty sure the bespoke one does not have lapped seams. I will check to see how the sleeves are inserted into the armscye.

I checked. None of them have lapped sleeve seams. The method of attachment does shift from the spalla camacia style to the more conventional method at about that point, on both sides.

3. Sator

Sator Senior member

the suits I had made at a Neapolitan tailor in Sydney always looked like that

Who may I ask might that be? I must confess that I didn't know there was a Neapolitan tailor in Sydney. Adamo Marrone is from around Biella and I know of a couple of tailors from Sicily but nobody from Naples. The other day, Adamo showed me a lovely example of a sportcoat he had made with a spalla camicia.

4. don_andomo

don_andomo Active Member

Matt, the jacket looks fantastic; the back is very clean. However, if I may make one small observation, it appears that the pattern matching between the collar and the back of the jacket is slightly off. I seem to recall a similar problem with your green tweed Rubinacci jacket, where the lines of the panes on the body didn't quite match the ones on the collar. Not sure if this is a maker specific problem or if it's just impossible to match patterns in a glen plaid jacket. Other members who are tailors might have a better opinion.

5. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

My guess is that since the back is two pieces at an agle and the collar one piece straight that it becomes nearly impossible to match the patterns there. I am not a big proponent of pattern matching. It is necessary on jacket fronts and shirt frons, but shoulders, collars etc don't figure into my equation. I would rather a good fitting jacket than patterns that matched for the hell of it.

6. pejsek

pejsek Senior member

I'll go even farther than Matt on the pattern matching. I really actively dislike heroic attempts to get patterns to match up exactly everywhere and always. It's an attempt at control that invariably kills much of the charm of any garment. Can there be elegance without an element of deshabille? I would think not. Let the stripes fall where they may!