• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Spalla Camicia shoulder dentation

npboy99

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently had a bespoke odd jacket made and have experienced a couple of issues that may or may not be a feature of the Neapolitan style. I'm interested in the forums views - especially as I am intending to soon order a suit and want to be sure my tailor is actually up to the task.

I have worn the jacket around 10 times now and have noticed that the right hand shoulder has begun to develop a dent. My right shoulder is slightly shorter than my left and the tailor has left both sides the same - Im assuming this is to make it symmetrical. However the slight gap between the end of my shoulder and the jacket shoulder is where the dent is occurring. My tailor says "Some tailors leave an undisguised bulge since it's a consequence of the construction, while others tone it down."

Also the jacket has buttons and button holes n the three-roll-two style, there is a button hole on the lapel however there is no matching top button.

Interested in any views as to whether I am just being particularly fussy or these issues are acceptable.

1 5.17.32 PM.png

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.