Spain Trip.

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by whnay., Feb 21, 2010.

1. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Ok, so I'm thinking of going to Spain for 4 - 7 days. Plot it out for me. Thinking early June.

2. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

That's not really much time to see stuff, especially if you are interested in really taking in the history and the culture. So my advice would be to go to somewhere like Salou or Palma de Mallorca and just sit on the beach for those few days. There's some adequate nightlife in those areas and from Salou it's not a long trip to either Barcelona or Valencia and there are ferries that can get you from Palma to Barcelona as well.

But like I said, I recommend just sitting on the beaches for a few days... Spain has some of the best beaches I have ever been to, the weather will be nice in June, and it will be early enough in the season that you can probably still get some good rates at the hotels or resorts.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Ibiza. Period. If you are married, leave the wife and kids somewhere else.

4. Robertito

Robertito Senior member

A lot of people mention Barcelona as one of their favorite cities in the world, but I adore Madrid - I think the energy is unparalleled, the women irresistible, the food unrivaled, the art sublime.

But that's just me.

5. DNW

DNW Senior member

If you like food, I highly suggest watching Mario Batali's On the Road Again. My future trip to Spain will certainly be planned around food destinations.

6. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

For food destinations, it's hard to beat San Sebastian. I spent a few days there and had a blast, but it is a very small town and the food is really the main attraction. It's also kind of out of the way. If you wanted to do it, I'd suggest starting in Barcelona or Madrid and then rolling through Pamplona, San Sebastian, and Bilbao, maybe. Do the "Sun Also Rises" route, you know?

Otherwise, I think the best bet really is just to spend 3-4 days in each of Madrid and Barcelona.

You might be wise to avoid the major beach resort areas that time of year. They're likely to be packed with plastered British goons on holiday.

7. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

Never been so I will take notes as well.

8. Davidko19

Davidko19 Senior member

Went to Madrid and Barcelona 3 months ago. The weather was cool as it was November but I woulda loved to spend a day at the beach given the chance. 4 days I wouldnt rush it. Spend time in Barcelona and maybe take a day trip nearby.

7 days, Id still do barcelona and take an overnight trip to somewhere a little more distant.

Madrid was cool but after about 3 days I felt like I saw it all, ya know? Barcelona you can just get lost in for hours and discover all kinds of cool shit. Watch out for poop on the ground though. its everywhere.

9. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

Whatever you do, promise that you'll eat well.

10. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

For sightseeing - I really enjoyed southern spain - Seville, Cordoba, Granada, etc...

If I was single - Barcelona; the Madrilenas were very good looking but a bit more conservative as I recall.

11. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Watch out for poop on the ground though. its everywhere.

Much like San Francisco.

- B

12. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Whatever you do, promise that you'll eat well.

In addition, please post pics of you riding a donkey.

Thanks.

- B

13. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

In addition, please post pics of you riding a donkey.

Thanks.

- B

Is he going to Spain or Mexico [​IMG]

14. Infrasonic

Infrasonic Senior member

15. culverwood

culverwood Senior member

4 days is not much, at least in June the South will not be too hot: Rough outlines: Madrid - Art, food, football, bullfighting. Barcelona - much the same but on the coast and no bullfighting. Balearics and the rest of the Mediterranean coast only if you want sun and girls or boys. Cordoba and Granada small cities with one great sight to see in each. Seville city with great atmosphere and much to see but no highlight like the Alhambra. Toledo, Avila and Segovia closer to Madrid and good for a day out historic centres. Salamanca - wonderful town North West of Madrid (my favourite) Santago de Compostela - pilgrimage centre with great cathedral. In 4 days I would stay in Madrid for 2 (the Ritz) and pop up to Segovia and/or Avila (Parador) and Salamanca (AC Palacio de San Esteban or the suite at the San Polo for a good room at a good price http://www.hotelsanpolo.com/habitaciones/Suite.htm ) 7 days is a bit more tricky as you cannot see the whole country but you want to try and see more in this case Madrid 2 days, Seville 2 (Hotel Alfonso XIII), Cordoba and Granada 1 (Paradors or Hotel America in Granada for a small cheaper hotel in a great position). The parador site has some routes that may interest you http://www.parador.es/en/cargarRutas...cion=0&SM=true