• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Southwick MTM @ Costco

rezzor

Reaction score
While at Costco I checked out the Southwick display they have set up. Southwick is having a MTM event for suits, SC, pants and shirts. The measuring is done via a body scan where you stand in this booth in your underwear for about 10 seconds. Then you get a print out with about every possible measurement you can imagine (except what's covered by the underwear
eh.gif
). They had a relatively small choice of fabrics ( about 20-25). There was about 5 fabrics from and Asian mill which cost $449 and all the rest was an Italian mill for $549 - he told me the name but I can't remember it other than he mentioned it was an old family owned mill. The salesman, who was extremely knowledgeable about the construction told me that they had a full floating canvass and they were half machine, half handmade - his example of handmade was that the sleeves are attached by hand. I ended up ordering a plain navy worsted, 3 button w/ side vents and ff cuffed pants from the Italian fabric. There were the standard type of choices (buttons, side or center vent and so on) but you could get as specific as you want - anything you could think of they would write it down in the notes area. I asked for horn buttons and they said ok. They would also make the jacket with working sleeve buttons but I opted not to do that because I would rather make sure they feel the right length and then just pay to get them done locally. For $549 I thought I'd give it a shot. Delivery is in about 6 weeks, I'll let you know how it turns out. Southwick also keeps the measurements on file so if it works out I'll add a charcoal as well. I don't remember the other prices except the MTM pants were $135 - a bit more for flannel. They were also doing MTM shirts. This was at the Issaquah Costco but they said they will be rolling it out to other Costco's in major metro areas only.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Was at Costco this morning, but they weren't offering this.

Costco is the best.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Southwick at Costco? What is next? Samuelsohn at Sams Club?

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Were you in a private tent? Or did the sample hawkers get to stare at what you had on display?
eh.gif

It would be interesting to see final pictures of the suit.

rezzor

Reaction score
Yes it was a private tent set up with samples and several changing tents. It was very low pressure sales so it was a nice set up.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How accurate are the body scan measurements?

JG000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chips
It would be interesting to see final pictures of the suit.

+1

For everybody's sake (besides maybe old-fashioned suitmakers), I hope they have the measuring technology down.

WSW

Reaction score
Are they going to use the scanners that TSA uses at airports? I'm usually packing so wouldn't want to scare the nice salesman.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
While visiting my wife's inlaws in the rural south, I went into a Costco and found Versace crystal stemware on super duper clearance for like $20/glass (retail : $325/glass). I bought them all.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since Brooks owns Southwick now, are these essentially Brooks suits with a Costco label?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads