• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Source for Shoes in Toronto

gj555

Reaction score
I am looking for affordable welted dress shoes in brown/dark tan in Toronto. AEs are the only thing I can find and they are overpriced. I have ordered shoes on ebay and STP in the past but, after shipping and UPS broker fees, I still feel ripped off. Ideally I am looking for a local shop. The Dacks shoes that I like are also increadibly expensive (retailing at $475 + 15% off).

Anyone know of any hidden gem that I am not aware of?

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gj555
Anyone know of any hidden gem that I am not aware of?

No, there are no shoe gems in Toronto.

gj555

Reaction score
Anyone?
I guess finding good value in shoes in Toronto is that bad.

fkl118

Reaction score
It is that bad.

You might try the Harry Rosen outlet for A-E's but they're still pricey.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Harry Rosen on bloor carries SF Tramezza. You can get Zegna shoes at David's and Brown's. The prices are full retail + just because we can markup. Toronto is a shoe wasteland. Get AEs from eBay, GVH or buy if you travel to the US. I have heard others order C&J from PLAL with good results too.

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Harry Rosen on bloor carries SF Tramezza. You can get Zegna shoes at David's and Brown's. The prices are full retail + just because we can markup. Toronto is a shoe wasteland. Get AEs from eBay, GVH or buy if you travel to the US. I have heard others order C&J from PLAL with good results too.

I think out of the OP's price range but here are a couple more options:
- JM Weston at Rego
- Bettanin & Venturi fatto a mano at V Hazelton
Expect to pay full retail + at both of these too.

On the topic of V Hazelton (located at 5 Hazelton Av...), in case others aren't aware of this shop in Toronto, you'll find a nice selection of Cesare Attolini, Sartorio (Kiton's lower line), and shirts by Finamore.

gj555

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tattersall
I think out of the OP's price range but here are a couple more options:
- JM Weston at Rego
- Bettanin & Venturi fatto a mano at V Hazelton
Expect to pay full retail + at both of these too.

I saw the Weston's at Rego about a month ago. $900 - just crazy.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tattersall
On the topic of V Hazelton (located at 5 Hazelton Av...), in case others aren't aware of this shop in Toronto, you'll find a nice selection of Cesare Attolini, Sartorio (Kiton's lower line), and shirts by Finamore.

Is this the same store that used to at 83 Bloor across from HR?

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Is this the same store that used to at 83 Bloor across from HR?

Same owner (George) - he has moved the higher end stuff to V Hazelton and had lots of clearance items (some mabitex and zileri) on Bloor when I was there in August. Good range of suits and coats by both Attolini and Sartorio.

scatterbrain

Reaction score
Thread revival!

Has anyone discovered a good place in Toronto since the last post in 2006?

Regos/Regas in FCP had Allan Edmonds on sale recently, but I was only walking by when they were closed, and the sale is now over. :(

Any advice would be great! I'm just starting to build my shoe collection.

I've been checking the HR outlet, and Holt's Last Call (before they closed), but so far nothing.

If there's nothing good local, I'll either do a road trip or order AE from allaboutshoes.

I'm reluctant to order anything online. I'm anal about details and would prefer the ability to inspect the shoe in detail before buying.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You'll come out way ahead ordering from any number of on-line sources. If the shoes are shipped by a trackable postal method, you will likely skip though without duties and definitely without brokerage fees. I avoid couriers like the plague.

I've got some great deals on shoes at the Rosen outlet over the years, but it's very hit and miss - mostly miss.

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're just looking for Allen Edmonds, there are quite a few stockists around Toronto. The prices won't be competitive, though.

For better stuff, Holts sells (or used to, at least) Lobbs, and Robert Jones was selling Edward Greens.

But the above advice to order online is solid. If you need to see the shoes, have a look in the shops before ordering.

Alternatively, there's a reputable bespoke shoemaker named Nasser Vies who has a little shop in Leslieville. I plan to visit him soon.

table21

Reaction score
brooks bro's is the only one that I have really found who carries a high end shoe section that is SF approved. everything else is pretty much a mix of prada, tom ford and a few other designer brands.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
brooks bro's is the only one that I have really found who carries a high end shoe section that is SF approved. everything else is pretty much a mix of prada, tom ford and a few other designer brands.

As mentioned above, Robert Jones carries Edward Green. They also carry Santoni, but don't currently have many in stock.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads