1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Source for Riri zippers?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Brian SD, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Lamo

Lamo Senior member

edit. never mind what i posted. isn't really a big deal

2. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

I agree on all counts here. Sorry to have to say this, but I am sick of the posts that essentially read "You are an idiot for spending X amount on Y item..." C'mon already. You might say that you wouldn't spend that, or that in your opinion or in your financial situation, it's crazy money (everytime I see the prices paid for anything by R45RPM, my mind goes completely numb), but otherwise, yes, shut the fuck up. Please.
    Oh, lighten the fuck up. It seemed a little silly to spend more for you zipper than the garment it's attached to. And it is a little silly. That's all. You're both really, really overreacting.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Moderator

Oh, lighten the fuck up. It seemed a little silly to spend more for you zipper than the garment it's attached to. And it is a little silly. That's all. You're both really, really overreacting.

Silly or not, the comment "If you truly are paying $46 for the AA hoodie you are definitely bending over for Dov" is just fucking rude. Inside voice. Use it sometimes.

4. raley

raley Senior member

The responses are also rude. Didn't your mothers ever tell you two wrong's don't make a right? [​IMG]

5. LA Guy

The responses are also rude. Didn't your mothers ever tell you two wrong's don't make a right? [​IMG]

Sorry if you found my response rude [​IMG]

Here is my point. If you don't have anything constructive, or even peripherally informative, to say, don't say it. For example, if you have no idea where to get riri zippers, and have nothing to add except that AA hoodies are not worth $46, feel free to post nothing on the topic, and especially not in the tone used. I hope that that is clear enough for everyone.

Fok.

6. raley

raley Senior member

Sorry if you found my response rude [​IMG]

Here is my point. If you don't have anything constructive, or even peripherally informative, to say, don't say it. For example, if you have no idea where to get riri zippers, and have nothing to add except that AA hoodies are not worth $46, feel free to post nothing on the topic, and especially not in the tone used. I hope that that is clear enough for everyone.

Fok.

Agreed.

7. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Yea my reaction was a bit knee-jerk but I left it up anyway. Just got sick of the tone. Frankly I don't care at all if people think I paid too much for the hoodie, or that the zipper costs more than the materials in the sweatshirt. I don't think my "stfu" comment was overreacting to
    which is what I quoted in the first place. Stop this nonsense or you'll be moderated! [​IMG]

8. knucks

knucks Senior member

What, I can't be witty on here? It is the internet after all. Do I think AA are worth $46, no. Would I ever pay that much for an AA sweat, no, once again.

To get back on topic, I did provide you with a link to RIRI zippers, granted I am not sure if any of them are proper length.

9. LA Guy

What, I can't be witty on here? It is the internet after all. Do I think AA are worth $46, no. Would I ever pay that much for an AA sweat, no, once again.

To get back on topic, I did provide you with a link to RIRI zippers, granted I am not sure if any of them are proper length.

No, we like witty. But after a certain point, witty just becomes asshollery, y'know? I mean, I think that it was pretty obvious by the time you posted your comment that Brian just liked the hoodie, so your comment was not necessary. I mean, if he asked if people thought that he overpaid for the hoodie, that would be a different matter.

Whatever, I'm sure you understand.

Fok.

10. knucks

knucks Senior member

Naw, I understand. I should've quoted his post, as I was solely referring to the $46 pricetag. I think it's real cool to resew the zipper as I've done that on a hoodie that was half-zip to a full-zip (just not w. a RIRI)

11. Kane

Kane Senior member

pr0n for you freaks.

[​IMG]

12. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored

I must have the first one. Kane, are you using it in any of your garments?

13. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

I must have the first one. Kane, are you using it in any of your garments?

You can buy that one online for $25 or so.

14. Kane

Kane Senior member

We had it waaaaay back in a custom jacquarded sweater, and it turned out very nice. But nothing as of late, or in the forseeable future. It's kinda preppy.

I like the super chunky ones myself, and I've been bugging our design team to do one with a bigass zipper for a while now. It's amazing that the zippers look so coarse and huge, but still slip on and off like silk.

15. Kane

Kane Senior member

Was in Seattle over the weekend and browsed the cheap rack at the Urban Outfitters downtown. They have some German Military uniforms with 2 zippered pockets and a single one-way zipper down the middle. Guess who the germans use for zippers? Was about $30 for the jacket, IIRC.

16. twin8885

twin8885 Senior member

I bought the hemmingbone zupper from Londa in the 22 inch and it showed up today. The thing for starters is to short for a sweatshirt by like 4 inches, and the zipper is tiny. I think it might even be for a purse? Where can you get the riri zippers similar to the ones found on a spruce hoody?

17. jet

jet Senior member

pr0n for you freaks.

[​IMG]

I have a hoody with the first zipper except the teeth are randomly black and silver.

18. 2000dB

2000dB Senior member

I saw a guy with a pair of levis cords with those multicolored riri on the side... looked pretty cool.