• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Source for NOS Florsheim?

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am dying to have a pair of NOS V-cleat Florsheims. I really don't want to deal with used shoes. Besides scouring ebay, which is so hit or miss, are there any other places I could check out? You guys who have scored such shoes, where have you found them? I wear a 9D, which should be an easy size to find. I would take almost anything- black, burgundy, brown, tan, made out of pebble grain, cordovan, whatever. The important part is NOS and the v-cleat. Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

sf_esq

Reaction score
Join the club.

Eh...size 8, please.
tounge.gif
If I could find a new pair in shell, it would be the find of the decade.

korce

Reaction score
I believe there is a pair of shell cordo Florsheim longwings up for sale in the B&S for a very reasonable price. But, they're size 11.5B
frown.gif

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sf_esq
Join the club.

Eh...size 8, please.
tounge.gif
If I could find a new pair in shell, it would be the find of the decade.

You're telling me. I guess I could always buy some Alden longwings, but there's something about those Florsheims that I just love. I think it's just an iconic American shoe.

Someone should start a B/S thread dedicated to NOS Florsheims.

sf_esq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by polar-lemon
You're telling me. I guess I could always buy some Alden longwings, but there's something about those Florsheims that I just love. I think it's just an iconic American shoe.

Someone should start a B/S thread dedicated to NOS Florsheims.

Seriously.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Hit up thrift stores, guys. You can find used (but in great condition) Florsheims there for sure. People just don't have the same respect for them as some of us do.
smile.gif

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you travel, visit some of the old school, family owned shoe stores. I've come across NOS Kenmoors twice in the last 4 years. In the latest instance, they were "mixed" in with the new Kenmoors and priced at the same price as the new Made in India Kenmoors.

southbound35

Reaction score
Rebel, not sure if you keep a list of prospects. If you were to run across a pair of them, I'd be in for a pair of 8.5 longwings at a reasonable price. Would prefer a tan or brown (I really like the scotch grain), but would certainly consider a cordovan or black.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ebay is your likeliest bet. at least $100 for calf and $200 for cordovan. Man up and get ready to pay, they are still a bargain, they are at least as good as Alden (in my opinion, better).

Hoofit

Reaction score
I found a nice pair of shell cordovan Florsheim imperials about a week ago. They are out there, you just have to keep looking.

Swan Song

Reaction score
ebay find, Florsheim Imperial Kenmoor Shell Cordovan

"Assembled in USA" (what years would this be?)

listing said "worn once", and they were right ! just look at that sole and heel !

also came with the Florsheim cedar shoe trees and bags/box.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads