• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Source for LONG Scarves?

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am looking for a long scarf.... Much longer than the average length, probably in a navy blue or something basic in terms of pattern. Most scarves are way too short -- I am looking for super-long length.

jgu

Reaction score
I got a navy scarf from Burberry last year that's really long, probably twice as long as their regular scarfs. It's wider and thicker than their other scarfs too. It has a subtle black and navy pattern. It's made of cashmere. I love it, can't wait for it to turn colder to use it.

It wasn't available online. I got it at the Burberry store on Long Island, and they only had one.

Lysol

Reaction score
PC's scarfs are really long. I don't know if their price tag is what you had in mind though.

http://www.apc.fr

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you could also pm keri at the other sf... she makes them.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FIHTies
How long are you looking for?

Longer than 72".... Maybe around 100" or longer. Basically, I want to be able to fold the scarf over once (so it is doubled), put it over my neck, and tuck the open double end on one side through the loop on the other side with enough length remaining to at least hit around my navel or even waist.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
Longer than 72".... Maybe around 100" or longer. Basically, I want to be able to fold the scarf over once (so it is doubled), put it over my neck, and tuck the open double end on one side through the loop on the other side with enough length remaining to at least hit around my navel or even waist.

Yup. That is Long...

Have you ever seen anything like that?

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
I've seen Dior Homme scarves on Yoox before that measured, apparently, 96". Dunno if there are any now, though. I always assumed they were from that Fall collection in... what, 04? The one with the really, really long scarves and the gold boots. I've been looking for a cheaper alternative, so if I find any non-Dior scarves that are that long, I'll post it here.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I've seen Dior Homme scarves on Yoox before that measured, apparently, 96". Dunno if there are any now, though. I always assumed they were from that Fall collection in... what, 04? The one with the really, really long scarves and the gold boots. I've been looking for a cheaper alternative, so if I find any non-Dior scarves that are that long, I'll post it here.

Those were too thick to be folded though so they wouldn't resolve Montecristos's problem. I'd say sewing two identical scarves together might be your best choice.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
LOL.

Tom_Baker3.JPG

Max

Reaction score
Fabric store is you!

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some really long ones from Missoni. Not sure if they are 100" but at least one is 80"+. Most of their designs are ridiculous, but they always have at least one piece that can take an outfit up a couple notches.

Yoox provides measurments on their scarves and I recall seeing some ultra long ones, so a search there may bear fruit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads