• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

source for inexpensive dress belts

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where can 'bang for the buck' dress belts with decent buckles be had?

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$85-120 polo belts can be had for $20 from marshalls (or at least, used to be). most of my belts were obtained that way.

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackplatano
Where can 'bang for the buck' dress belts with decent buckles be had?

I always found the buckle on Edward Green belts to be very satisfying to look at and use. Their belts are $70 on sale.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
I always found the buckle on Edward Green belts to be very satisfying to look at and use. Their belts are $70 on sale.

I'm looking for belts at the moment too and that sounds very promising. EG doesn't sell from their own website, are there any online retailers or ebay sellers that do?

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon
I'm looking for belts at the moment too and that sounds very promising. EG doesn't sell from their own website, are there any online retailers or ebay sellers that do?

If you can survive till their annual sales, you can order from the London store over the phone. I got mine for 35 Pounds.

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
Over the past several weeks I've picked up some especially nice looking Martin Dingman belts at the Nordstrom Rack... Regardless of the regular price point, the Dingman belts at the Rack are all "Special Price" marked at $29.97. As near as I can determine, the belts I bought normally retail between $115 to $145, and possibly more. The Dingman belts seem to be trickling into the Rack ever few days. In fact I just purchased yet another one today, which brings my total over the last few weeks to 11 belts (not including a few that I got for my wife). I know I was being kinda greedy, but there were too many nice belts at a really great price. And once I started buying them, I just couldn't bring myself to edit them down.
grin.gif
I've seen a couple of the same belts that I purchased at the Rack being sold elsewhere here in town for full price. Dingman belts and shoes are carried by a local, high-end men's store (George Howard Men's Furnishings- FYI: To give you an idea, they stock Borelli, Barbera, Zanella, Paul & Shark, Zegna, Ferragamo shoes, Pantherella, etc). Just out of curiosity I also tried to locate (on the Internet) the other various belts that I purchased (using lots of Google). I did find a couple more of them, but I suspect that some of the belts might have been "one-off" samples... The detailing on a few of them struck me as being a bit more aggressive than most of those that I've seen in the pics on the net, or at that store (which is fine with me...as far as I'm concerned, the more unusual the better). One of my favorites of the new belts can be found on this page...It's called the "Porter". The one I got is the top belt in the photo: http://ecom1.bermanbasics.com/berman/product1329.html Judging from some of the very nice detailing on a couple of the belts that I got, I'm guessing that they might normally retail for as much or more than the Porter....assuming that they're carried in the regular line-up. Not too shabby for $30 bucks apiece. I even picked up a few of the less dressy, more "unisex"-type styles for my wife. They look really great with her jeans. She's quite pleased with them...which means I scored brownie points.
wink.gif
Dennis

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those belts look great!

I was at the Rack just a few days ago to see what kind of shoes they had. ( just crap) but i remember pausing and giving the belt rack a quick glance. nothing jumped out like what you show here, I think I'm going to have to pop back in there once in awhile. That was my first time in the place.

WestIndianArchie

Reaction score
I'm looking for a tan belt myself.

I've always wondered why more shoe makers didn't make matching belts.
I know CJ does, but it's always a crap shoot when I buy a pair of shoes.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
If you can survive till their annual sales, you can order from the London store over the phone. I got mine for 35 Pounds.

When is the annual sale?

Originally Posted by Osprey Guy
Over the past several weeks I've picked up some especially nice looking Martin Dingman belts at the Nordstrom Rack... Regardless of the regular price point, the Dingman belts at the Rack are all "Special Price" marked at $29.97. As near as I can determine, the belts I bought normally retail between $115 to $145, and possibly more.

The Dingman belts seem to be trickling into the Rack ever few days. In fact I just purchased yet another one today, which brings my total over the last few weeks to 11 belts (not including a few that I got for my wife). I know I was being kinda greedy, but there were too many nice belts at a really great price. And once I started buying them, I just couldn't bring myself to edit them down.
grin.gif

I've seen a couple of the same belts that I purchased at the Rack being sold elsewhere here in town for full price. Dingman belts and shoes are carried by a local, high-end men's store (George Howard Men's Furnishings- FYI: To give you an idea, they stock Borelli, Barbera, Zanella, Paul & Shark, Zegna, Ferragamo shoes, Pantherella, etc). Just out of curiosity I also tried to locate (on the Internet) the other various belts that I purchased (using lots of Google). I did find a couple more of them, but I suspect that some of the belts might have been "one-off" samples... The detailing on a few of them struck me as being a bit more aggressive than most of those that I've seen in the pics on the net, or at that store (which is fine with me...as far as I'm concerned, the more unusual the better).

One of my favorites of the new belts can be found on this page...It's called the "Porter". The one I got is the top belt in the photo: http://ecom1.bermanbasics.com/berman/product1329.html

Judging from some of the very nice detailing on a couple of the belts that I got, I'm guessing that they might normally retail for as much or more than the Porter....assuming that they're carried in the regular line-up.

Not too shabby for $30 bucks apiece.

I even picked up a few of the less dressy, more "unisex"-type styles for my wife. They look really great with her jeans. She's quite pleased with them...which means I scored brownie points.
wink.gif

Dennis

That looks pretty good. Are they one or two piece? is the leather full grain?
I live nowhere near a 'rack', you think you can pick some up?

Originally Posted by WestIndianArchie
I'm looking for a tan belt myself.

I've always wondered why more shoe makers didn't make matching belts.
I know CJ does, but it's always a crap shoot when I buy a pair of shoes.

Yea, they are nice but at $125 a pop they don't come cheap.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads