1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Source for classic-fit, pleated corduroys?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Douglas, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

I guess I could have my HK guy make something up but I'd prefer to find something cheaper if possible. Seems silly to blow $200 a pair on cords. Online sources OK, but judging the wale and fit could be difficult without seeing them in person.

I prefer a more classic fit as opposed to narrow, and though the thought of pleats on cords scare me a little, I'd like to give them a shot, as I generally look better in pleated trousers on account of my hulking size. Any thoughts from the cognoscenti?

2. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

3. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

Lands End typically has them. I suspect they will return online this fall.

4. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

I would highly suggest staying away from pleated cords. I don't agree that a big guy has to go with "big" clothing to look good, but I would stick with flat fronts on cords unless you are doing very small wale, lightweight fabric cords. Then you could do the forward pleats thing.

5. YRR92

YRR92 Senior member

I like my forward pleated cords, but I think part of why they work is that I'm very skinny. I might just agree with edmorel.

6. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

I dunno, maybe I shouldn't be in cords at all, but just about every pair of flat-front pants I've ever owned look absolutely awful on me. It's not just that I'm a bigger fellow, though I am, but I think also just the way my hips work, dunno, flats just never look great. I have one pair of FF trousers in all the world that I think look good on me, and when I had them copied in other materials, they didn't work.

I have to have reverse pleats, forwards will just add even more bulk. I was hoping for a very classic, deep pleat in a somewhat lighter material, 11-wale or higher, nothing like 6 or 8, which is a bit too much IMO. In any event, though I am willing to try anything, it's got to have a big leg opening at the bottom. The skinny shit a lot of you guys can get away with makes me look like the ice skating hippo in Fantasia.

7. Douglas

Douglas Senior member