• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Source for Canvas Suit Bags?

borderline

Reaction score
I've been looking for some non-vinyl bags to keep jackets or suits in. It's actually for a gift, but I can't seem to find anything. Bed Bath and Beyond has some for $25 with a cedar insert, but this seems steep for what you get. The length should be about 40" . I found some 36" ones on Amazon for $6 but that seems too short.

Any ideas? What are you guys using and where did you get them?

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by borderline
I've been looking for some non-vinyl bags to keep jackets or suits in. It's actually for a gift, but I can't seem to find anything. Bed Bath and Beyond has some for $25 with a cedar insert, but this seems steep for what you get. The length should be about 40" . I found some 36" ones on Amazon for $6 but that seems too short.

Any ideas? What are you guys using and where did you get them?

If your jackets are more than 36" long then you must be a very tall person.

borderline

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Like these? http://www.holdnstorage.com/itemdeta...=ShoppingSites I just googled "canvas suit bags" to find many around 10 bucks.
Yes I saw something like this during my own searches, but was looking for some feedback from those who actually owned them. These seem fine, but if you have 10 of them do you spend all your time unzipping the bag to see what is inside? Or should I look for those that have a small vinyl window? Are the ones with canvas on one side and vinyl on the other OK, or are their fumes that hurt the fabric of the suit?

borderline

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
If your jackets are more than 36" long then you must be a very tall person.

It's not the jacket length that is the issue, but I have found that trying to put the jacket into a bag that is too short is more difficult because of the side-loading feature. But maybe that is not a big deal.

treegarden

Reaction score
I use the Rubbermaid ones sold on Amazon. They are all canvas and have a small vinyl window. My suit jackets are longer than average and fit fine in the suit bags. At $6 or so they're a great deal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads