• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sorahiko Fit

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find a definitive post on the matter, for some reason.

How do they fit? What are the models? I know there's a slim fit (on rby45rpm) and I was under the impression there was a "regular" or "relaxed" but I can't seem to confirm that.

Are there any straightaway comparisons one could make to other brands/models?

Grazie.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
I can't seem to find a definitive post on the matter, for some reason.

How do they fit? What are the models? I know there's a slim fit (on rby45rpm) and I was under the impression there was a "regular" or "relaxed" but I can't seem to confirm that.

Are there any straightaway comparisons one could make to other brands/models?

Grazie.

From the information I've gathered, they are pretty standard in terms of fit. The Jomon jeans are supposedly slimmer compared to the Sorahitos. Wish they were available in L.A. so I can visually see and try them on.

Reaction score

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Isn't the sorahiko rise on a 34 like 12 inches?! Ridiculous.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
From the information I've gathered, they are pretty standard in terms of fit. The Jomon jeans are supposedly slimmer compared to the Sorahitos. Wish they were available in L.A. so I can visually see and try them on.

"Standard in terms of fit" can mean anything from ball-bustingly tight/low rise to normal or relaxed on this forum; that's the problem.
wink.gif

iansir

Reaction score
I know there's a slim fit (on rby45rpm) and I was under the impression there was a "regular" or "relaxed" but I can't seem to confirm that.

The slim's are a bit of a misnomer, they are definently not what most would consider slim. I got a pair about 2 weeks ago. They are high rise, straight leg. A bit more full through the leg below the knee that my similar Nudie Straight Svens. I like the Sorahiko fit, but I wish the rish wasnt sooo high. I am thinking about having them altered, and also potentially buying Jomon's and doing the same
smile.gif
The denim is very sweet.

I believe there was also a Sorahiko (no slim) that was even more of a full cut.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorahiko fits similar to LVC '47, except with fuller legs.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Standard in terms of fit" can mean anything from ball-bustingly tight/low rise to normal or relaxed on this forum; that's the problem.
wink.gif

I should have elaborated: Standard in my definition is high waisted which is about an inch or so below the belly button and a no-frill fit like Levi's 501. At least this was how it was described to me on the phone by Chika who sold me a pair of Jomons last week. Chika specifically said "No, it's not a Dior fit".

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Isn't the sorahiko rise on a 34 like 12 inches?! Ridiculous.

Haha, the on crotch measurement is 27 cm (or 10.6 inches) on the Japanese website. They are definitely not high rise.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im expecting the sorahikos this week and from what i gathered, they are less then 11 inches. Anyways, keep the discussion going.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Haha, the on crotch measurement is 27 cm (or 10.6 inches) on the Japanese website. They are definitely not high rise.

On a 34?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
On a 34?

27cm on 33/34. 26 cm on a 31/32. I didn't pay attention to other measurements.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Good man, when the **** are we having an LA meet? I vote le petit on sunset bitches.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any updates here? Specifically on the Suminando / NandoXNando (the latter which I'm trying to acquire currently).

For reference, I like the fit of the RB6 and the 5EP Low Downs I have.. anything slimmer than that (I know, it's baggy to some) is too slim for me.

blackplatano, did you get yours?

roguetheory

Reaction score
I'm also trying to find out what the cut is for the Nando x Nando.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads