• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soporific Tie Pr0n

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thanks Spoo, that's the color I was looking for...royal purple. Looks totally different than the pics! I wear a lot of navy, greys and browns in the winter and this tie should work fine through winter and spring.
Just purchased the tie from Ed - pick me out a good one Ed!! Looking forward to seeing Ed's work!

You are welcome. Ed, whens my commission check being sent? :D

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

70 Wool / 30 Silk blend....... soooooooo soft. It's a dark charcoal color.

Love it!! May I ask where you bought it? I've been looking for a nice charcoal tie.

Here's my latest haul from Christmas.

Kent Wang Bi-Color Brown/Blue Knit Tie
Drake's Cashmere/Wool tie in Burgundy, Blue & Grey
Drake's Granadine Fina in Burgundy

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I saw some Cappellis in a delivery of overstock Kitons (I know the only direct overstock delaer personally), obviously at least some are made in the same factory (though to much lower standards than Kiton's ties).

Just wanted to gift SF some myth busting material for the new year.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received this Purple Grenadine from Ed at Panta today. My first purchase from Ed and I'm impressed with the quality and customer service. No doubt more purchases to come. Thanks Ed and Spoo!!

Spoo is one hell of an instigator and hell on my pocket book!!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

A few weeks ago I saw some Cappellis in a delivery of overstock Kitons (I know the only direct overstock delaer personally), obviously at least some are made in the same factory (though to much lower standards than Kiton's ties).
Just wanted to gift SF some myth busting material for the new year.

Wait, so you are saying that Kiton produces Cappelli ties, albeit to a lower standard?

I received this Purple Grenadine from Ed at Panta today. My first purchase from Ed and I'm impressed with the quality and customer service. No doubt more purchases to come. Thanks Ed and Spoo!!
Spoo is one hell of an instigator and hell on my pocket book!!

Smart choice, you will get a hell of a lot of wear out of that. Especially with the other stuff you buy when I post the rest of my closet clean next week! :fistbump:

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wait, so you are saying that Kiton produces Cappelli ties, albeit to a lower standard?
Smart choice, you will get a hell of a lot of wear out of that. Especially with the other stuff you buy when I post the rest of my closet clean next week! :fistbump:

I didn't realize how versatile purple is...goes with almost every color dress shirt and pant. Many thanks.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Love it!! May I ask where you bought it? I've been looking for a nice charcoal tie.
Here's my latest haul from Christmas.
Kent Wang Bi-Color Brown/Blue Knit Tie
Drake's Cashmere/Wool tie in Burgundy, Blue & Grey
Drake's Granadine Fina in Burgundy

Thanks mang! You made some excellent purchases with your ties! I bought that charcoal tie at....

:hide:

Neiman Marcus Last Call. Brand is Ike Behar.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
L-R: First three are Barba, last is Finnamore. Picked them up at Shop The Finest's warehouse last week.

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few xmas gifts.

xmas_ties.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads