1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Soporific Tie Pr0n

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Feb 18, 2009.

Tags:
  1. greekonomist

greekonomist Senior member

So, here's my question: to best break out of boring-tie mode, I wondered if the tie on the far right (navy with sky blue stripe) would work with a grey suit? Would it even work with a white with red pencil stripes shirt and grey suit (think I caught a glimpse of something like that on the mens.style Flusser podcast but don't recall)

Absolutely.

2. cuffthis

cuffthis Senior member

Ole' Skool accountant look with relevant tie, before I took up drinking Port for Breakfast.

[​IMG]

3. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Damn, Ed-- that is a nice collection of ties.
    Just picked up a few new ties, myself. So, here's my question: to best break out of boring-tie mode,

Thanks, but why would you want to break out of the boring tie mode [​IMG] I just ordered two more solid navy woven ties. [​IMG]

4. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

Ole' Skool accountant look with relevant tie, before I took up drinking Port for Breakfast.

[​IMG]

Better dressed than any other accountant I ever met, and that includes the accounting partner in Paris in head-to-toe Arnys with a crocodile briefcase he confessed to buying on ebay.

5. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

standard make of his is the traditonal like Marinella

Is it? Mina said the basic make was lined six-fold, E 120. Do they offer a three-fold for a lower price?

6. Diavolo

Diavolo Senior member

Gianni Agnelli would love my boring Cashmere & Wool & Grenadine ties [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A.

7. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Is it? Mina said the basic make was lined six-fold, E 120. Do they offer a three-fold for a lower price?

well downstairs where he has some readymade ties, one side has the 6/7 folds, the other side has the standard make, and there are moar of the standards.

8. Manton

well downstairs where he has some readymade ties, one side has the 6/7 folds, the other side has the standard make, and there are moar of the standards.

Maybe he does not do the standard make MTO or bespoke. Or maybe they are just not offering it through this NY program.

9. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

What is the summer equivalent of a wool tie?

Would a grenadine be comparable in terms of texture without the weight (for lack of a better description)?

10. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

he has made some of my selections in the 'standard' manner if that is what the fabric called for.

11. Manton

What is the summer equivalent of a wool tie?
    Linen. Or Irish poplin (wool/silk). Linen/silk also makes a nice tie. Cotton, too.

But linen above all.

12. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

he has made some of my selections in the 'standard' manner if that is what the fabric called for.
    My ties have come as unlined 6's (when requested) or regular (3 fold) lined or unlined as he felt was best.

13. forex

forex Senior member

My ties have come as unlined 6's (when requested) or regular (3 fold) lined or unlined as he felt was best.

Do you have a preference?Unlined vs. lined?I am thinking of ordering some unlined 6's but not sure if they knot well.

14. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Do you have a preference?Unlined vs. lined?I am thinking of ordering some unlined 6's but not sure if they knot well.
    They knot up fine, but tend to make smaller knots. I really don't care one way or the other. I guess I like unlined for summer, but I also like unlined cashmeres, so...

15. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

naw, solid ties are far from boring! I just meant my suit-to-tie matching schemes have been a little humdrum in the past. I'd like to branch out a little and maybe do more interesting combos. I usually don't consider wearing a tie with a gray suit unless it's.....got gray in it.

Thanks, but why would you want to break out of the boring tie mode [​IMG] I just ordered two more solid navy woven ties. [​IMG]