Soporific Tie Pr0n

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Feb 18, 2009.

Tags:
  1. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

Pardon my ignorance, what's MD?

Michael Drake,

Just type "Drakes UK" in google - you'll find it, hit up the sale section, some great wools and cashmeres for ~70 US

2. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

I feel I can wear it with any solid shirt (blue, white, pink) and a grey or navy suit. As the spring and sunnier days are coming, I like the idea of a light grey tie from time to time.

I can see that working. Wearing cashmere in spring/summer is no problem?

3. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I can see that working. Wearing cashmere in spring/summer is no problem?
    For a tie - definitely not a problem for me.

4. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

Also a bunch from ed - wtf am I doing, I don't need any more ties [​IMG]

I agree; let me know when you start clearing the tie closet and I may be able to help.

5. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

For a tie - definitely not a problem for me.

Okay. Wondered what people thought about that. I have the same doubt about it as with linen in winter (as discussed in your topic).

6. Sam Hober

Sam Hober Senior member Dubiously Honored

Okay. Wondered what people thought about that. I have the same doubt about it as with linen in winter (as discussed in your topic).
    I wear linen/silk ties year-round and I would not hesitate to wear wool or cashmere in the summer if I liked the colors.

7. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

I wear linen/silk ties year-round and I would not hesitate to wear wool or cashmere in the summer if I liked the colors.

Makes sense, Mr Hober. I actually meant linen shirts (forgot to put that in, but that was discussed in a thread gdl started a few weeks ago).

Are certain fabrics/weaves/patterns considered typically spring/summer for ties?

8. tim_horton

tim_horton Senior member

I never understood the idea that ties should be seasonal based on fabric, though granted I don't plan on ever owning more than 20 or so ties at a time.

9. Sam Hober

Makes sense, Mr Hober. I actually meant linen shirts (forgot to put that in, but that was discussed in a thread gdl started a few weeks ago). Are certain fabrics/weaves/patterns considered typically spring/summer for ties?
    NOBD, Yesterday, I saw some new linen shirts in a store and I loved the look of the texture - without hesitation I would wear them at any time. Lighter colors tend towards spring/summer. I tend to wear what feels good on any given day as an example I could wear a bright tie in the middle of winter when there is lots of snow out to cheer myself up.

10. Sam Hober

I never understood the idea that ties should be seasonal based on fabric, though granted I don't plan on ever owning more than 20 or so ties at a time.
    Tim Horton, I agree with you about seasons - we both posted at the same time. I also only own 20 or so ties at a time.

11. ctp120

ctp120 Senior member

Sam Hober silk repp true 7-fold. It's unlined, untipped, with hand-rolled edges. While more true navy than midnight, I do think the flash has made the color look brighter and the finish shinier than IRL. David was helpful and generous in our interactions. I will definitely do business with him again. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

^ Good looking edges.

General question for bespoke customers/crafters: Do you use the keeper? And if not, any reason why you wouldn't have the tie made without it?

13. Getzione

Getzione Senior member

^ Good looking edges.

General question for bespoke customers/crafters: Do you use the keeper? And if not, any reason why you wouldn't have the tie made without it?

I never use it. But it doesnt bother me at all, so i will probably never ask to have it removed.

14. Getzione

Getzione Senior member

[​IMG]

Crosspost from the "In praise of Navy" thread.

15. Getzione

Getzione Senior member

Sam Hober silk repp true 7-fold. It's unlined, untipped, with hand-rolled edges. While more true navy than midnight, I do think the flash has made the color look brighter and the finish shinier than IRL. David was helpful and generous in our interactions. I will definitely do business with him again.

[​IMG]

Beautiful.