• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sooo....I just soaked my nudies

Goblin

Reaction score
Leaving aside the issue of incipient crotch rot, if you wear your jeans to bars at all, they can get pretty musty from absorbed cigarette smoke over time notwithstanding airing out.

carlkoba

Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
I've never understood why jeans should smell as long as you've got good hygeine - drinking lots of water (so the sweat isn't so concentrated (disclaimer: I have no idea what i'm saying here, but it seems to make sense to my brain) taking a shower twice a day and paying particular attention to lathering up the areas of the nether regions.

Maybe this is because of different cultures. My girlfriend asks me to wash my trousers even jeans everyday:-(

thepataphysician

Reaction score
Is there any way to lock gmku, morse and carikoba into this thread so that they can talk gibberish at each other until they fall asleep?

morse9443

Reaction score
^^What about the gibberish you're talking dumbo? Way to advance the thread with your insightful commentary, nice.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
 For the cat people: do your jeans ever present problems for friends/coworkers who are allergic to cat dander?

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So they are finally completely dry now.

They have definitely shrunk back but I am thinking if I soaked them a little longer they would be 100% back to their original state. At least I dont have to cuff the **** out of them anymore. They also seem stiffer now then they were pre-soak which is odd because I figured the starch would have dissipated in the water.

And the whole smell issue. They didnt smell at all. I really dont go too nuts in my jeans just class, driving to work, and going out. If you have good hygene I dont think you have much to worry about.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Goblin
they can get pretty musty from absorbed cigarette smoke

Are there still bars that haven't banned smoking? I'm calling bullshit on this one.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by carlkoba
Maybe this is because of different cultures. My girlfriend asks me to wash my trousers even jeans everyday:-(

Your girlfriend doesn't know what the hell she is doing. Jeans do not need to be washed after each wear. That's just rediculous.

Look at it this way, at any given moment in our lives (even now as you read this) your lungs are inhaling and your body is a host to more bacteria than could ever exist on your jeans after one wear.

It's a medical fact.

padronlover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by carlkoba
the guy in your avatar looks EXACTLY like dshin
bounce2.gif

morse9443

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Goblin
Leaving aside the issue of incipient crotch rot, if you wear your jeans to bars at all, they can get pretty musty from absorbed cigarette smoke over time notwithstanding airing out.

Are there still bars that haven't banned smoking? I'm calling bullshit on this one.

CHARLESTON, W.Va. "” Not since West Virginia pulled the plug on an old Appalachian mainstay "” the outdoor toilet "” has anything enhanced the general public health as dramatically as banning second-hand tobacco smoke in public buildings. "When outhouses were gone, we stopped the spread of some diseases immediately," the Morgantown resident and head of the Smoke Free Initiative of West Virginia said.

Goblin might be smoking in one of those illegal Appalachian moonshine bars.

benjaminarnold

Reaction score
yeah i gave my jeans an ocean soak yesterday. definitely pleased with the results, the fabric feels stiffer and tightened up. plus it got rid of whatever crap was on them

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my special ladyfriend has a cat that grinds his feet on the couch. i'm allergic to cats and have no problems with my pants when i'm not there, other than sometimes i leave with them on backwards.

carlkoba

Reaction score
Your girlfriend doesn't know what the hell she is doing. Jeans do not need to be washed after each wear. That's just rediculous.

Look at it this way, at any given moment in our lives (even now as you read this) your lungs are inhaling and your body is a host to more bacteria than could ever exist on your jeans after one wear.

It's a medical fact.

I'm a lazy guy, but still afraid of the terrible smell if the jeans was not washed for months.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then try splitting the difference with once every week or so of regular wear. Start small and ease yourself into realizing this practice might not be all that bad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads