[SOON , A TITLE HERE ]

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sipang, Dec 8, 2011.

1. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

yurt

yurt

2. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

ger
    ger

3. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

4. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

5. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

Shah's Palindromic Post

:bigstar: 10501 :bigstar:

[SOON ] ... the final frontier. Mankind's last hope. Free from troglodyte infections. My only subscription.

* * *​

For more than 30 years, Montagne has served as a devoted and almost mystical guru to some of the industry's most influential designers/B]

More

* * *​

Dries Van Noten: 'There's too much fashion'

* * *​

Where Designers Take Risks
    Haute Couture Makes a Comeback and Labels Burnish Images

More

* * *​

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

* * *​

http://www.geek.com/articles/geek-c...000-times-sounds-absolutely-awesome-20110117/

* * *​

Watch a killer T cell in action as it attacks a cancerous cell

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012

6. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

Just saw that the upcoming show I mentioned a page or two back was blogged on SW Also, Edo period fART: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012

7. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

“The moon, this night,” she said, “is full of idyllic and magnetic influence—and see, when you look behind you at the front of the schloss how all its windows flash and twinkle with that silvery splendour, as if unseen hands had lighted up the rooms to receive fairy guests.”

[​IMG]

8. steveoffice

steveoffice Senior member

Wang Shu wins the Pritzker Prize

[​IMG]

The architecture of the 2012 Pritzker Prize Laureate Wang Shu, opens new horizons while at the same time resonates with place and memory. His buildings have the unique ability to evoke the past, without making direct references to history. Born in 1963 and educated in China, Wang Shu’s architecture is exemplary in its strong sense of cultural continuity and re-invigorated tradition. In works undertaken by the office he founded with his partner and wife Lu Wenyu, Amateur Architecture Studio, the past is literally given new life as the relationship between past and present is explored. The question of the proper relation of present to past is particularly timely, for the recent process of urbanization in China invites debate as to whether architecture should be anchored in tradition or should look only toward the future. As with any great architecture, Wang Shu´s work is able to transcend that debate, producing an architecture that is timeless, deeply rooted in its context and yet universal.
    Wang Shu´s buildings have a very rare attribute—a commanding and even, at times, monumental presence, while functioning superbly and creating a calm environment for life and daily activities. The History Museum at Ningbo is one of those unique buildings that while striking in photos, is even more moving when experienced. The museum is an urban icon, a well-tuned repository for history and a setting where the visitor comes first. The richness of the spatial experience, both in the exterior and interior is remarkable. This building embodies strength, pragmatism and emotion all in one.
    Wang Shu knows how to embrace the challenges of construction and employ them to his advantage. His approach to building is both critical and experimental. Using recycled materials, he is able to send several messages on the careful use of resources and respect for tradition and context as well as give a frank appraisal of technology and the quality of construction today, particularly in China. Wang Shu’s works that use recycled building materials, such as roof tiles and bricks from dismantled walls, create rich textural and tactile collages. Working in collaboration with construction workers, the outcome sometimes has an element of unpredictability, which in his case, gives the buildings a freshness and spontaneity.
    In spite of his age, young for an architect, he has shown his ability to work successfully at various scales. The Xiangshan Campus of China Academy of Arts in Hangzhou is like a small town, providing a setting for learning and living for students, professors and staff. The exterior and interior connections between buildings and private and public spaces provide a rich environment where an emphasis on livability prevails. He is also capable of creating buildings on an intimate scale, such as the small exhibition hall or pavilions inserted into the fabric of the historic center of Hangzhou. As in all great architecture, he does this with a master’s naturalness, making it look as if it were an effortless exercise.
    He calls his office Amateur Architecture Studio, but the work is that of a virtuoso in full command of the instruments of architecture—form, scale, material, space and light. The 2012 Pritzker Architecture Prize is given to Wang Shu for the exceptional nature and quality of his executed work, and also for his ongoing commitment to pursuing an uncompromising, responsible architecture arising from a sense of specific culture and place.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012

9. sipang

sipang Senior member

More Wang Shu

Xiangshan Campus, China Academy of Art, Hangzhou

(pics by Iwan Baan)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012

10. steveoffice

steveoffice Senior member

[​IMG]

STOP GOOGLE FROM TRACKING YOU

March 1 is the day Google’s new unified privacy policy goes into effect, which means your Google Web History will be shared among all of the Google products you use.

Do you know if Google is tracking your Web activity? If you have a Google account (for, say, Gmail) and have not specifically located and paused the Web History setting, then the search giant is keeping track of your searches and the sites you visited. This data has been separated from other Google products, but on March 1 it will be shared across all of the Google products you use when Google’s new privacy policy goes into effect.

If you’d like to prevent Google from combining this potentially sensitive data with the information it has collected from your YouTube, Google+, and other Google accounts, you can remove your Web History and stop it from being recorded moving forward.

Here’s how you can do that:

1. Sign into your Google account.

2. Go to https://www.google.com/history

3. Click “remove all Web History.”

4. Click “ok.”

Note that removing your Web History also pauses it. Web History will remain off until you enable it again.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012

11. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Suda 51 & Hideo Kojima Present:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

more here: Sdatcher

12. sipang

sipang Senior member

Of course, like an idiot, I watched the first five minutes with bated breath in expectation of a mindblowing spectacle that would justify the aesthetic parti-pris

:foo:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012

13. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

Weird timing on posting that, as I was just in a shop yesterday that had an OG copy of Snatcher, complete in box for the MSX 2. They wanted like $250 :fu:

14. sipang

sipang Senior member

WARNING ! Denim post. For the denimbros Denimbros
    [​IMG]
    Prompted by the rediscovery of a pair of OG Levi's Engineered (ha, see last vid) at the bottom of one of my drawers (they still fit ! ) Where Sipang reminisces about his childhood through old Levi's ads (courtesy of a deficient memory) Early memory, probably saw this at the theater, I guess that's why it stuck. Years later, I would discover it was inspired by the film The Swimmer (duh), an adaptation of the eponymous John Cheever short story. Slightly weird and surrealist and it has a twist ! You should watch. [VIDEO][/VIDEO] I actuall wasn't familiar with Bruce Lee films at the time so all the references were lost on me :confused: Seems like my culture was always two step behind my commercial media consumption. The Odyssey ad, that one's just a classic. I bought the damn thing after all.​

15. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!