• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soo...spring break? Beach & club wear?

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be attending a stereotypical spring break with some friends next week, and it should be awesome, debaucherous, rowdy, etc. So, of course, I want some fresh fits while I'm there. Now it's tough because I'll be spending much of the time at the beach, in clubs, or asleep. I've got the beach taken care of with a nice pair of Patagonia board shorts that don't have any crazy surfer flowers on them and have a nice fit.

But I don't go clubbing much. AND I expect these things to be crazy, drunken, rambunctious, so I don't want to buy anything super nice that I'm going to spill things on and sweat through, but I also don't want to buy typical club-stripey shirts.

So how to dress for the club without spending a lot of money, looking like a douchebag, or overdressing? The current plan is just to hit H&M for a few shirts, and if they get trashed, then, meh. But other thoughts?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
I'll be attending a stereotypical spring break with some friends next week, and it should be awesome, debaucherous, rowdy, etc. So, of course, I want some fresh fits while I'm there. Now it's tough because I'll be spending much of the time at the beach, in clubs, or asleep. I've got the beach taken care of with a nice pair of Patagonia board shorts that don't have any crazy surfer flowers on them and have a nice fit.

But I don't go clubbing much. AND I expect these things to be crazy, drunken, rambunctious, so I don't want to buy anything super nice that I'm going to spill things on and sweat through, but I also don't want to buy typical club-stripey shirts.

So how to dress for the club without spending a lot of money, looking like a douchebag, or overdressing? The current plan is just to hit H&M for a few shirts, and if they get trashed, then, meh. But other thoughts?

Good call. H&M has some nice shirts called "Easy Iron" that cost $14.90 that fit really well. I would pick up a few of those, esp in darker colors, and wear some non-raw denim with them.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This is what I wear when I go clubbing.
mightyhunter2006pt2.jpg
Make sure to bring an extra pair of socks!

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Good call. H&M has some nice shirts called "Easy Iron" that cost $14.90 that fit really well. I would pick up a few of those, esp in darker colors, and wear some non-raw denim with them.

These are in stores now? I liked the one that I saw in WAYWN

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
These are in stores now? I liked the one that I saw in WAYWN

Yeah I saw them in the beverly center H&M today and got a few a few weeks ago.

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't the very fact that this is a stereotypical, dirty, spring break party, reason enough why this thread isn't necessary? Clubs are not exactly a high fashion runaway and to be honest, I don't think most girls know what good men's clothing is anyway. Add to the mix the fact that this is Spring Break and you have a situaiton that just is begging for a lame polo and jeans, or boardshorts and a wifebeater (if it's outside, near water, or a foam party).

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Is that what they call date-****?

Only if you are planning to ******** with the seal. . .

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Typical spring break wear seems to center around showing off all the hours you put in at the campus fitness center building rippling biceps and rock-hard abs, so I would just buy some AA muscle shirts in addition to the H&M stuff (good plan, btw) and top it off with a ridiculous straw cowboy hat or something. Unless MTV has been lying to me all these years...

Oh, and if they haven't been lying to me, you can pretty much close your eyes and point in any crowded Cancun nightclub and find an 8.5+ willing to go back to your place, so I wouldn't sweat the fits that much. Cheap is probably the best criteria.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
Oh, and if they haven't been lying to me, you can pretty much close your eyes and point in any crowded Cancun nightclub and find an 8.5+ willing to go back to your place, so I wouldn't sweat the fits that much. Cheap is probably the best criteria.

Well, this is true, to some degree. The issue is when you wake up and discover that the alcohol convinced you that the 3.5 laying next to you was actually an 8.5...

or at least that's what I've been told.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
And everyone knows that two 5s equal a 10.

Besides that, don't worry about it. Sure some fitted h&m shirts for going out would be cool. Spring breakers won't care and it's true that the women you'll be meeting on the beach or at club don't give a **** about what this board considers fashion. Cheap, lightweight stuff is the way to go. When you spill your colorful drink on it, you don't want to worry about it staining. Some s/s button downs for your board shorts would probably be ideal since you can throw it on after the beach/pool to walk into a resturaunt/bar on the beach with sandals. It's spring break, man.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So where are you going anyways? Cancun? Panama City Beach?

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Panama City Beach?

The horror, the horror...

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Typical spring break wear seems to center around showing off all the hours you put in at the campus fitness center building rippling biceps and rock-hard abs,
+1

As for clothing, don't bring anything that you would mind getting covered in beer, sand, or puke.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The horror, the horror...
hehe ya. This place was great during high school and freshman year in college tho.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics