• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a great design that is original to Enzo Bonafe. Since I have deep respect for EB as a maker I wouldn't want to copy it. If I'd be looking for something like this I don’t see any reason for not ordering with EB...
The shape of footwear cannot be copyrighted. Anyone is free to make any kind of footwear. I was using EB design as an inspiration.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shape of footwear cannot be copyrighted. Anyone is free to make any kind of footwear. I was using EB design as an inspiration.
It can be patented and there are literally millions of dollars acquiring patents on shoes, shoe design, and shoe technology. Try copying the shape of Nike’s latest release and see how long you last before you’re sued.

varsityreds0123

Reaction score
It can be patented and there are literally millions of dollars acquiring patents on shoes, shoe design, and shoe technology. Try copying the shape of Nike’s latest release and see how long you last before you’re sued.
Signed, an Intellectual Property lawyer.

gbandi

Reaction score
George STD in English Grain arrived! The leather has really something special
(a quick shot with the phone-- will try to make daylight pictures in a couple of days)

View attachment 1277444
I received mine as well. What an amazing pair. This was my first SOH purchase and I plan to buy more. Unfortunately I sized down which was not a good idea. Wondering if anyone here is interested in 8.5uk. Can swap another SOH 9uk if that works better..

Proleet

Reaction score

George Mason

Reaction score
I don't like the Ambly chukka in waxy kudu at all, but I do love my Ambly in suede and the SoH chukka in ebony lama. Such divergent tastes in boots (and shoes) must make it really difficult for Tom (Notch) and other shoe entrepreneurs to figure out what will sell and what won't.

I wish Sons of Henrey much success!

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ebony Utah Chelsea just arrived.
Thank you for posting the pictures, wear the boots in good health!

George STD in English Grain arrived! The leather has really something special
(a quick shot with the phone-- will try to make daylight pictures in a couple of days)

View attachment 1277444
Thank you for posting! I agree, the leather is very unique. Wear in good health!

Ambly chukka in waxy kudu arrived!

Will try them on in a bit! But wow the details on this leather is just gorgeous and so different from calf and shell.View attachment 1277464
Glad you like them J.! It is completely different than calf and shell. I'd recommend brushing the leather now and then, and when needed replenishing the leather with some natural oil (which will also darken the leather substantially). You might also see some extra small spots or flakes appearing in the beginning, but that's nothing to worry about. I hope you will get a lot of joy from wearing these shoes!

such a great boot! Got them as well but with different markings. Really cool to see the differences
It is cool to see how the boots ended up. When you purhase the leather, the stuffing is so dense you can't see the imperfections. It is only by pulling the leather overt he last that they become visible.

I don't like the Ambly chukka in waxy kudu at all, but I do love my Ambly in suede and the SoH chukka in ebony lama. Such divergent tastes in boots (and shoes) must make it really difficult for Tom (Notch) and other shoe entrepreneurs to figure out what will sell and what won't.

I wish Sons of Henrey much success!
Tell me about it! What was interesting to see also, is how different people bought in the pop-up and on the Internet. I sold a lot of the mink suede STD's in the pop-up for example, but on the Internet it's a slow selling model....

wdrenth

Reaction score
Thank you for posting! I agree, the leather is very unique. Wear in good health!
Hi @Notch, just like the Inca Grain, this English Grain will make into a terrific other models (but I understood English Grain is hard to get?).
For both leathers, I can imagine they will serve well on boots like the Byron. What about a boot without a toe cap? The dark leather, combined with the non-decorated uppers, will make it very classy.

The Inca Grain will look well for dressier kind of shoes, like a whole cut (I think the English Grain is a bit too rough for that, but who knows!). So looking forward the collections for 2020 (and 2021, 2022 :))

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @Notch, just like the Inca Grain, this English Grain will make into a terrific other models (but I understood English Grain is hard to get?).
For both leathers, I can imagine they will serve well on boots like the Byron. What about a boot without a toe cap? The dark leather, combined with the non-decorated uppers, will make it very classy.

The Inca Grain will look well for dressier kind of shoes, like a whole cut (I think the English Grain is a bit too rough for that, but who knows!). So looking forward the collections for 2020 (and 2021, 2022 :))
Glad you're as excited as I am for using these leathers!

English Grain is hard to get + very expensive. It's about 150€ per square meters, which makes it between €50 and €60 for a regular shoe. The George STD for example uses 4.5 square foot of leather, which is 0.41 square meters. The Inca Grain is easier to get and less expensive, so easier to use for RTW.

Also, Inca Grain is available in a multitude of colours:

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 10.24.35.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 10.24.35.png

Vadim T

Reaction score
Wow, @Notch this is the jewel of the FW19 collection!!!
I strongly demand more photos and outdoor photos, too.

Double leather sole, storm welt, not enough only brass eyelets. It's a classic, it's really timeless.
I have a question, why almost all shoes without a midsole?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Vadim T : Thank you! I'll have more pictures up soon. It's also a leather /style I'll try to use more often.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.