• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

wdrenth

Reaction score
More than happy with the Harvey dark brown vegano on the soft square last. Delivered in a sturdy box, with complimentary polish cloth and extra pair of laces.

Only tried for fitting, and no regrets so far. Actually quite happy to have taken a size 8, and not size 8.5. (Still regretting some choices where I went for 8.5 ... in particular because size 8 is sold out)

Colour is a really dark, dark brown -- my partner thought it was black. A very sophisticated colour, and ditto last. And looking forward to more models on this last (oxblood anyone? suedes?) ..

Pictures don't do much justice to the actual colour, and I should do a decent shoot with proper light.

harvey_01c.jpg

The Harvey with his lighter cousin the Austerity.

harvey_02.jpg

wdrenth

Reaction score
I mentioned my pair of the Plum Misty's here before. Unfortunately, the relation between the pair and me is not working well so we have to let each other go :(: see the item here in the classifieds.
They are size UK8.5, on the Elegant Round last, in a nice warm reddish-brown color (Plum -- bit hard to describe).
(Should someone have a size UK8 of this model which fits too small, I am happy to swap ...)

Braid

Reaction score
What should we expect from fall/winter collection? Any possibility to have a cap-toe boots (EG galway style)? Possibly in Utah, both dark brown and chestnut would be great.

Kangnamstyles

Reaction score
Just received my pair! Thank you Tom! Absolutely love the leather and the details. I was worried about sizing but it seems to be a good match for my feet. The only nitpick that may soon go away after breaking in is that pinky toes are slightly pinched. No issues in the vamp area which was also a worry.

I’m doubly thrilled that this last works well for me so that I know what to order next!74B1EC3F-4B2B-44EE-8D34-2B2F1717943D.jpeg2D78D0E3-918E-4A3E-A999-FCC6F5A0E357.jpegFDF65649-B361-4653-BB3D-C127B7565469.jpeg141C05C6-A70D-4FE1-AA7D-37CF797837D9.jpeg0D5DDAC8-E491-4A50-864F-9A45D9B46038.jpeg5E4C8B1B-13F2-4419-9135-B06DB7E0B769.jpegCC9F54E7-CB0E-40E2-93D9-BF2118A859DA.jpeg57C7FF3C-AD62-42C7-B7F5-24A5F8B4AC0A.jpeg9AAF9BF5-C892-4785-AE5A-570B7FDFFE24.jpegF6EC0963-EAE3-4D1C-BE91-018D7D4C0786.jpeg

Braid

Reaction score
Just received my pair! Thank you Tom! Absolutely love the leather and the details. I was worried about sizing but it seems to be a good match for my feet. The only nitpick that may soon go away after breaking in is that pinky toes are slightly pinched. No issues in the vamp area which was also a worry.

I’m doubly thrilled that this last works well for me so that I know what to order next!View attachment 1210773View attachment 1210774View attachment 1210775View attachment 1210776View attachment 1210777View attachment 1210778View attachment 1210779View attachment 1210780View attachment 1210781View attachment 1210782
They look amazing! Weren't the dark brown Utah supposed to arrive starting from the first of October? Or is this another batch? In any case they are stunning

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Kangnamstyles : the site does seem to load for me. Perhaps there are too many users on the website that quickly after sending out the email? Please try back in half and hour and let me know if the problem's still there.

For those that are wondering, 20% discount code 20PERCENT, valid on all RTW non-sale shoes (so no pre-orders).

Kangnamstyles

Reaction score
@Kangnamstyles : the site does seem to load for me. Perhaps there are too many users on the website that quickly after sending out the email? Please try back in half and hour and let me know if the problem's still there.

For those that are wondering, 20% discount code 20PERCENT, valid on all RTW non-sale shoes (so no pre-orders).
Looks like it's blocked at my work and not on my personal device. Thanks.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So, I definitely owe you guys a detailed update on how things are going! While communication is at an all time low at the moment (with IG not being updated and the website being a total mess), developments are moving at full speed. Bear with me:

1) F/W collection is in production, with a slight delay but only a matter of days. I have planned a longer factory visit on the 26th of august, and hope to know a definite completion date then. The collection will be the biggest one yet for me, almost 3 times as many shoes as I ordered last year. Also, about 85% of the leather has been purchased by me. Only first grade reverse suede, and then a lot of special types of calf leathers such as Lama, Inca, Utah, Country calf… Most of the collection will be rubber soled, and will be more casual than last time. Think chelsea and chukka boots, heavier derby style shoes, suede double monks, high boots in suede and country calf, etc..

2) I will also be introducing something new for Sons of Henrey: supply chain transparency. Two reasons for this. First because I want to be open towards customers as I feel it is important, and second because I believe that customers should understand certain things before they buy, willy nilly. So, about supply chain transparency, I am working on a little something that will be called a shoe’s ID. A kind of miniature passport, that traces the origin of the different components used in that shoe. It will be included with every shoe I sell, together with a small set of instructions about how to care for the leather and possible some background info on the model. I will also try to incorporate this into the website, but doing it in an understandable and structured manner is really not that easy. I will be needing difficult to use plug-ins, advanced coding skills, lots of imagery etc...

3) Besides the new collection for Fall/Winter, I have the pop-up in October that I’m preparing for (some interior stuff and creative ideas), and I’m glad that I can now also confirm that Sons of Henrey is invited to the Shoegazing Supertrunk on September 28, in Stockholm! I’m doing my best to get everything sorted by then, with the F/W collection being top priority of course. A lot more info on this will follow in a different post, but I hope to see a lot of you there! It will be the first live event for Sons of Henrey.

4) With regards to shoe development, these have been some of the more recent (big and small) improvements:
  • Newly developed true Round last prototype done, and I’m very happy with it so far! Pictures soon. Will probably try to do some kind of group order at an affordable pricepoint, to cover the cost of the samples, patterns and last development.
  • Loafer last almost completed, together with three different designs. That means I will definitely have loafers for Spring/Summer 2020.
  • I am developing a slightly lower priced shoe, but more on that next.
  • Packaging will improve for next collection, with some more information on every shoe, and possibly a small shoe care sample of my own brand.
  • Sneakers are in final development stage, although the Italian factory I’m working with has tons of work before they close in August. So possibly we will need to wait until September to see a next sample (well, it would be a first sample for your guys). I’m constantly looking for new suppliers for different parts of the sneakers, and every part of the sneakers will be overhauled.
  • I have made numerous small improvements to many of the patterns, as well as the finishing on different types of leather. Small things such as the size of brogueing, the size of medallions, length, width and placement of different things. All for the better in my opinion!
  • I have a small number of prototypes that I’m looking to sell, I hope to have them up on the website soon enough.
  • I know also have an agent for the Chinese market, so if there are Chinese visitors here that prefer buying from a local agent, send me a PM and I’ll forward the details.

5) And finally, I’m just going to come out and say it, I’m working on a full fledged clothing line. I’m 28 now, and feel that shoes are not my final stop. I want to make some kind of impact in retail, and do what I’ve always set out to do: combine high quality materials with affordable production (for those that remember my online store Jeeves, that was sort of my tagline). I’m hosting a small event in October for family and friends in the pop-up store, and hope to be able to show some things then. Supply chain transparency and sustainability will be very important keywords. As this would be a more casual clothing line, I am developing a small set of staple shoes that will go with it (suede chukka, suede or calf bluchers…). This is probably the thing that consumes most of my time at the moment, as it is quite an ambitious project. But again, more on this soon! If there is anyone on this forum that feels he or she could offer any kind of insight or help on this, I'd appreciate any help I can get!

So thank you all for sticking with me, and being patient waiting on replies and order-related updates!

Last edited:

Kangnamstyles

Reaction score
So, I definitely owe you guys a detailed update on how things are going! While communication is at an all time low at the moment (with IG not being updated and the website being a total mess), developments are moving at full speed. Bear with me:

1) F/W collection is in production, with a slight delay but only a matter of days. I have planned a longer factory visit on the 26th of august, and hope to know a definite completion date then. The collection will be the biggest one yet for me, almost 3 times as many shoes as I ordered last year. Also, about 85% of the leather has been purchased by me. Only first grade reverse suede, and then a lot of special types of calf leathers such as Lama, Inca, Utah, Country calf… Most of the collection will be rubber soled, and will be more casual than last time. Think chelsea and chukka boots, heavier derby style shoes, suede double monks, high boots in suede and country calf, etc..

2) I will also be introducing something new for Sons of Henrey: supply chain transparency. Two reasons for this. First because I want to be open towards customers as I feel it is important, and second because I believe that customers should understand certain things before they buy, willy nilly. So, about supply chain transparency, I am working on a little something that will be called a shoe’s ID. A kind of miniature passport, that traces the origin of the different components used in that shoe. It will be included with every shoe I sell, together with a small set of instructions about how to care for the leather and possible some background info on the model. I will also try to incorporate this into the website, but doing it in an understandable and structured manner is really not that easy. I will be needing difficult to use plug-ins, advanced coding skills, lots of imagery etc...

3) Besides the new collection for Fall/Winter, I have the pop-up in October that I’m preparing for (some interior stuff and creative ideas), and I’m glad that I can now also confirm that Sons of Henrey is invited to the Shoegazing Supertrunk on September 28, in Stockholm! I’m doing my best to get everything sorted by then, with the F/W collection being top priority of course. A lot more info on this will follow in a different post, but I hope to see a lot of you there! It will be the first live event for Sons of Henrey.

4) With regards to shoe development, these have been some of the more recent (big and small) improvements:
  • Newly developed true Round last prototype done, and I’m very happy with it so far! Pictures soon. Will probably try to do some kind of group order at an affordable pricepoint, to cover the cost of the samples, patterns and last development.
  • Loafer last almost completed, together with three different designs. That means I will definitely have loafers for Spring/Summer 2020.
  • Packaging will improve for next collection, with some more information on every shoe, and possibly a small shoe care sample of my own brand.
  • Sneakers are in final development stage, although the Italian factory I’m working with has tons of work before they close in August. So possibly we will need to wait until September to see a next sample (well, it would be a first sample for your guys). I’m constantly looking for new suppliers for different parts of the sneakers, and every part of the sneakers will be overhauled.
  • I have made numerous small improvements to many of the patterns, as well as the finishing on different types of leather. Small things such as the size of brogueing, the size of medallions, length, width and placement of different things. All for the better in my opinion!
  • I have a small number of prototypes that I’m looking to sell, I hope to have them up on the website soon enough.
  • I know also have an agent for the Chinese market, so if there are Chinese visitors here that prefer buying from a local agent, send me a PM and I’ll forward the details.

5) And finally, I’m just going to come out and say it, I’m working on a full fledged clothing line. I’m 28 now, and feel that shoes are not my final stop. I want to make some kind of impact in retail, and do what I’ve always set out to do: combine high quality materials with affordable production (for those that remember my online store Jeeves, that was sort of my tagline). I’m hosting a small event in October for family and friends in the pop-up store, and hope to be able to show some things then. Supply chain transparency and sustainability will be very important keywords. As this would be a more casual clothing line, I am developing a small set of staple shoes that will go with it (suede chukka, suede or calf bluchers…). This is probably the thing that consumes most of my time at the moment, as it is quite an ambitious project. But again, more on this soon! If there is anyone on this forum that feels he or she could offer any kind of insight or help on this, I'd appreciate any help I can get!

So thank you all for sticking with me, and being patient waiting on replies and order-related updates!
That is fantastic news. I'm sure you'll get lots of advice/tips from the wealth of knowledgeable folks here. I'm very interested to see what you come up with for #2.

Proleet

Reaction score

All great things! When do you anticipate you’ll be able to share more details of the f/w collection?

wdrenth

Reaction score

Thanks for this extensive update. And thank you for involving us in this holistic (is that the right term?) approach to establishing your brand.

Thilgela

Reaction score
Received my ebony George STD as well. They are indeed gorgeous. The fit is spot on too. I love them!

The finishing seems to be on par with Carmina.

I am definitely hooked and looking forward to the upcoming F/W collection.

825FCE83-6B8F-4B08-8946-5EE754B41BDA.jpeg
68B8699B-F779-4807-A812-BD18BF5D4155.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.