• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I had planned to launch the sneakers next week only, but decided to do a soft launch now for Styleforum members :fistbump:!

So, the sneakers will be sold through a pre-order campaign here on Styleforum starting next week (I will start a separate topic for that). I decided to limit the number of pair sold, especially for the Utah and Kudu. Especially Utah is difficult to acquire and quite expensive, and to keep it manageable these are limited to 30 pair only (the counter on the website does not automatically update by the way.

Since you have all supported me from the start, I gladly offer a €15 discount on any pair sold during the weekend. Please use code 'vekla' during checkout (final step at checkout). Also, for anyone who contacts me over the weekend with sizing questions, I will honour the discount code. I understand some might wish to contact me beforehand to help them figure out sizing, feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected].

6 models are available, and they all have the typical Vekla Low Top sneaker features. Vegetable tanned leather lining, high quality full grain Italian leather (except for Utah and Kudu of course), leatherboard heel counter, full metal shank for support, removeable insole, Margom rubber cupsoles etc.

If you ask me, they're the highest quality sneaker available at this pricepoint, but of course I'm a little bit biased.

A small detail not many know is that the factory that I work with in Italy used to be a Goodyear welt shoe factory. They made the switch to sneakers about 10-15 years ago and produced nothing else since then. That is also why they were more than willing to use leather board heel counters on our sneakers, and in general just have a very good sense of what a high quality shoe is or should be.

Without further ado, this is the link: https://sonsofhenrey.com/collections/vekla-sneakers

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Tom,

When will the all white be back in stock? Will it be at the new price point or $185?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So after putting the products online on Friday and announcing it here, I went on a small but much-needed weekend getaway. Bad idea perhaps, as I received a lot of questions over the weekend with regards to sizing, but also more in general about the construction etc.

One question that I get asked often is to supply insole measurements. While I don't typically use insole measurements on the website, I decided I'll upload those anyways. Fit is more than just the 2D dimensions of the sole, but I understand it can give a general idea.

Insole measurements for Vekla Low Top sneakers:

size 40: 27.4cm insole length, 8,8cm insole width, 28,6cm outsole length, 9,9cm outsole width​
size 41: 28cm insole length, 8,9cm insole width, 29,3cm outsole length, 10,1cm outsole width​
size 42: 28.7cm insole length, 9cm insole width, 29,9cm outsole length, 10,3cm outsole width​
size 43: 29.4cm insole length, 9,2cm insole width, 30,5cm outsole length, 10,5 outsole width​
size 44: 30.1cm insole length, 9,4cm insole width, 31,2cm outsole length, 10,6 outsole width​
size 45: 30.8cm insole length, 9,6cm insole width, 31,9cm outsole length, 10,8 outsole width​
size 46: 31.4cm insole length, 9,8cm insole width, 32,6cm outsole length, 10,9 outsole width​

Another question is regarding the Margom sole. There are quite a few brands out there who use these types of soles, and while it will give a general idea about sizing (in length mostly), these types of soles can be stretched/pushed quite a bit during construction. So I know for a fact that mine get stretched quite a bit, which will make every size feel just a tad roomier than they are. That is also the reason why I recommend people who are in between sizes to size down.

A size 42 for Vekla will feel every so slightly roomier than a standard size 42, so it could fit people who wear both size 8 and 8.5UK in SoH.

When you have wider feet this might change things a bit, although I wear a size 10UK H fit, and I wear a size 44 Vekla sneaker. Granted, they took a bit of time settling in at first, but once the footbed starts to lower and your feet sink deeper into the shoes, they become extremely comfortable. It took me 3 or 4 wears of a couple of hours but now they feel like socks, while they haven't loost their shape at all. My foot has just sunk a bit deeper into the shoe, and now my toes rest nicely in between the walls of the cupsole (don't know how to explain it better than that).

Last edited:

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had planned to launch the sneakers next week only, but decided to do a soft launch now for Styleforum members :fistbump:!

So, the sneakers will be sold through a pre-order campaign here on Styleforum starting next week (I will start a separate topic for that). I decided to limit the number of pair sold, especially for the Utah and Kudu. Especially Utah is difficult to acquire and quite expensive, and to keep it manageable these are limited to 30 pair only (the counter on the website does not automatically update by the way.

Since you have all supported me from the start, I gladly offer a €15 discount on any pair sold during the weekend. Please use code 'vekla' during checkout (final step at checkout). Also, for anyone who contacts me over the weekend with sizing questions, I will honour the discount code. I understand some might wish to contact me beforehand to help them figure out sizing, feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected].

6 models are available, and they all have the typical Vekla Low Top sneaker features. Vegetable tanned leather lining, high quality full grain Italian leather (except for Utah and Kudu of course), leatherboard heel counter, full metal shank for support, removeable insole, Margom rubber cupsoles etc.

If you ask me, they're the highest quality sneaker available at this pricepoint, but of course I'm a little bit biased.

A small detail not many know is that the factory that I work with in Italy used to be a Goodyear welt shoe factory. They made the switch to sneakers about 10-15 years ago and produced nothing else since then. That is also why they were more than willing to use leather board heel counters on our sneakers, and in general just have a very good sense of what a high quality should is or should be.

Without further ado, this is the link: https://sonsofhenrey.com/collections/vekla-sneakers

View attachment 1737046
Vekla Brown Utah Calf sneakers:

Vekla Chestnut Jamaica Kudu sneakers:

Ordered the Black Utah sneakers as I do have the brown utah sneakers from Skoak. Looking forward to receive them in April.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ordered the Denim shirt from Vekla in light wash which looked great in pictures. I have tried many brands for denim shirts like S&M, Luxire MTM, Proper Cloth, G. Inglese MTM etc and now looking forward to try this out in comparison to the other brands.
Thank you for your order, it is much appreciated!

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I always welcome general comments on the checkout process by the way, both for Sons of Henrey and Vekla. I recently encountered a small glitch with the SOH site myself, apparently I could not add products to cart in my safari browser. As I never complete a checkout on my own website (except when setting up the site or after making changes) I always appreciate customer feedback.

Featured Sponsor

Friday Challenge "Suited and Booted" VOTE NOW

• An Acute Style

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Bernoulli

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Brennenman

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • cr2596

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Crafty Cumbrian

Votes: 7 12.5%