• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any particular reason us bigfooted folks are sidelined on these two GMTOs? :hide:
Shell cordovan is very difficult to acquire as large shells, and the loafer pattern is a difficult pattern to click as the leather needs to be full length. It would be different with an Oxford pattern for example.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Notch maybe in the future you could try and get like Dark Cognac or something medium brown shell?

Spideysense

Reaction score
Shell cordovan is very difficult to acquire as large shells, and the loafer pattern is a difficult pattern to click as the leather needs to be full length. It would be different with an Oxford pattern for example.
Are you saying those poor horses don’t have large enough booties!? 😂

Oh well, my wallet thanks you …

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Navy Cordovan has only one person confirmed at the moment, so I started exploring other colours. My supplier has some Bourbon and Armagnac cordovan coming in.

These colours are slightly more expensive, and are priced at €585 excl. VAT for a GMTO (6 people minimum).

Who's interested?

Spideysense

Reaction score
The Navy Cordovan has only one person confirmed at the moment, so I started exploring other colours. My supplier has some Bourbon and Armagnac cordovan coming in.

These colours are slightly more expensive, and are priced at €585 excl. VAT for a GMTO (6 people minimum).

Who's interested?
:drool:

You regular-sized guys should really jump on this!

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who's interested?
I'm quite interested in either of those colors.

I'm curious about the preference for unlined in this material, as I much prefer my lined Utah loafers to my unlined ones. I think of unlined loafers as better in suede or in something really summery. Just wondering what I seem to be missing out on. Though I've never tried them, I guess there is an unlined shell loafer from Alden that is iconic? Are they just thought to be more comfortable?

cattitude

Reaction score
I'm interest, pending the specs. Do you have any photos of the bourbon?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm quite interested in either of those colors.

I'm curious about the preference for unlined in this material, as I much prefer my lined Utah loafers to my unlined ones. I think of unlined loafers as better in suede or in something really summery. Just wondering what I seem to be missing out on. Though I've never tried them, I guess there is an unlined shell loafer from Alden that is iconic? Are they just thought to be more comfortable?
They are comfortable and lighter than a similar lined pair. I wear my unlined loafers mostly in the summer with no-show socks

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
There are plenty of pictures online of Bourbon and Armagnac cordovan, but here are two pictures from Carmina (who also uses Horween):

Bourbon:

Armagnac:

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received my Vekla sneakers. Some initial thoughts, I've worn them about 3 times now.

It's very sleek and the fit is great. I'm a size 10.5D in sneakers and going 10D fit just fine. The sneakers are very snug when I first put them on and walked around in them. But they have stretched out nicely and fit great.

For anyone else. If you find the sneakers too tight to put on. I removed the laces and laced them in a straight bar style and that made it MUCH more comfortable. Also, the shoe trees helped in stretching them out.

I wish that there was going to be the restock of the all white colour though. I love a clean and simple white sneaker. I had to settle for the brown suede.

Thanks Tom for the quality sneaker.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Own a Fountain Pen?

• I own one but I hardly ever use it

• I own multiple ones but I always use the same ol' BIC

• Yes, and I use it often

• Yes, I collect them

• Ballpoint is the way

Results are only viewable after voting.