• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think you should have a word with SF admins about this...

View attachment 1710537

If they can't control them, don't show them.
Thank you for pointing that out, I'll bring it to their attention but I'm afraid there's not much they can do about it. And doing no advertising at all will not sit well with the owners I think.

The strange forum topics that appear (KETO fat burners and what not) are also very annoying.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for pointing that out, I'll bring it to their attention but I'm afraid there's not much they can do about it. And doing no advertising at all will not sit well with the owners I think.

The strange forum topics that appear (KETO fat burners and what not) are also very annoying.
I think that keeping ads out of paid/affiliate threads is a good compromise and makes sense. Imagine if a shopping mall placed ads(especially from competitors) inside of individual stores. That would be bad for business.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have one interested member for the Cortès Adelaide Oxford on Soft Square last, in CF Stead Janus reverse Polo suede.

So this model:

Sons_of_Henrey_Product_Cortes_Adelaide_Oxford_Antique_Chestnut_Soft_Chisel.jpg

In this colour:

241553032_826966604655572_4594073755183282692_n.jpg

The above picture (a shoe by Oct. Tenth) is actually a very good representation, but made by Sons of Henrey instead of Oct. Tenth.

We need 5 more for liftoff, the price is €385 incl. VAT or €318.18 excl. VAT, including shipping.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black Friday arrival:

20211201_170951.jpg

Fantastic boots, love the Ridgeway sole and the butter soft unlined suède Shaft.

Unfortunately, the shaft is still too wide for me, even with the redesign the laces close up completely which makes them not give any support and they come undone when walking.

I even sized down half a size this time to see if that would make a difference but unfortunately it didn't.

It puzzles me why this is the case with SOH field boots and not with other brands (except Yanko which gives me the same issue). So I compared some other field boots I own and the difference I notice is that the shaft of SOH field boots goes straight upward while on other brands it tapers slightly. Maybe that might explain my issue. The SOH shaft also is slightly higher.

Quite bummed by this because the materials used by SOH are superb. Just wish they fitted me better.

I'm going to ask my cobbler if he can adjust the shafts of my other two MTO field boots by SOH so I can start enjoying them. Will probably be a major operation but he is very skilled so maybe he can pull it off.

Shaft comparison between SOH and Löf & Tung:

20211201_165126.jpg
20211201_165145.jpg
20211201_165241.jpg

Does anyone own any EG Galways to compare? Do their shafts go straight up or do they taper?

Last edited:

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black Friday arrival:

View attachment 1713028
Fantastic boots, love the Ridgeway sole and the butter soft unlined suède Shaft.

Unfortunately, the shaft is still too wide for me, even with the redesign the laces close up completely which makes them not give any support and they come undone when walking.

I even sized down half a size this time to see if that would make a difference but unfortunately it didn't.

It puzzles me why this is the case with SOH field boots and not with other brands (except Yanko which gives me the same issue). So I compared some other field boots I own and the difference I notice is that the shaft of SOH field boots goes straight upward while on other brands it tapers slightly. Maybe that might explain my issue. The SOH shaft also is slightly higher.

Quite bummed by this because the materials used by SOH are superb. Just wish they fitted me better.

I'm going to ask my cobbler if he can adjust the shafts of my other two MTO field boots by SOH so I can start enjoying them. Will probably be a major operation but he is very skilled so maybe he can pull it off.

Shaft comparison between SOH and Löf & Tung:

View attachment 1713030 View attachment 1713031 View attachment 1713032

Does anyone own any EG Galways to compare? Do their shafts go straight up or do they taper?
They taper, for sure 👍

shoesforever

Reaction score
I have a pair of SoH dark brown Utah Loafers in UK 6.5. They are a bit too narrow for me in the waist. Anyone interested? 100 EUR+shipping.

@Schweino It's interesting, what with the nuances of fit in different people. A higher shaft should in theory give a better fit, since our ankles/ calves get thicker the higher up you go.

Last edited:

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Recently I worked together with a forum member (@Thomas_M) on an unlined Full Strap Penny loafer for Sons of Henrey. Very difficult to take good pictures of these so I'm having professional pictures taken of this model, a first for me and a big thanks to Thomas for his patience. I have attached a couple of quick phone pictures, but they don't do this shoe any justice.

In the meantime I was contacted by a customer who asked to set up a GMTO for an unlined Penny loafer in Horween cordovan no.8. With his friends included, we're already at 9 but I wanted to see if there's any more interest on the forum.

The last is our loafer last, which I have noticed might be our most praised last yet. The fit seems to be very good for a lot of people, so we did not make any changes to it. It is only a new pattern.

While I will be sending in the cordovan, I need confirmation from the factory on how much leather is needed for this particular model in order for me to calculate a price. I should be able to give a price tomorrow.

Just to check the interest on this, but who might be on board for an unlined, Horween cordovan no.8 Full Strap Penny loafer?

Of course, other ideas with this model can be sent in as well!

IMG_7778 2.JPG

IMG_7779 2.JPG

Featured Sponsor

Friday Challenge "Suited and Booted" VOTE NOW

• An Acute Style

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Bernoulli

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Brennenman

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • cr2596

Votes: 2 5.3%