• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finally took delivery of the Ambly boots in burgundy Utah, and I'm pleased! I wasn't really sure how to wear them, but I'm digging the silhouette. Trying a couple different approaches:

IMG_20211009_174045.jpg

IMG_20211006_175137.jpg

IMG_20211006_174806.jpg

IMG_20211006_175035.jpg

I think they'll end up being pretty versatile. I'm not a fan of the buckle, for the hassle of buckling it if nothing else, but I like the lines it gives as opposed to a chukka, and I'm happy not to have the pulltabs like on many chelseas.

Really a big fan of this leather. Feels thicker, softer, more malleable than the Utah loafers. Seems like it has a chance to acquire some really sweet patina. And I'm happy that the color comes across to me as closer to mahogany than burgundy.

Interestingly, I took receipt of a Frank (quarter brogue derby) at the same time, in the 9120 Inca grain, and the colors are very similar. And also, the member upthread who mentioned that different leathers and/or makeups on the same last can make a difference...boy, he's sure right in this case. The boots were comfortable right out of the box, but the derbies in the Inca grain make their presence known in the width of the joints. Both on Elegant Round. I put a full-fitting tree in the Incas for a couple days, though, after wearing them for a half-hour, and already they are approaching comfortable.

All in all, very pleased with this purchase! Looking forward to putting these boots through their paces and seeing how they handle it.

Thomas_M

Reaction score
The sole is thicker at the front of the foot? Or thinner at the middle?
New feature that the factory can do?
Nice!

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That was quick, yes double to single tapering sole (there’s a small tapered midsole in the middle if you enlarge the picture). Very happy with it as it open new opportunities for smarter boot options!

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It's my daughter's first full day of daycare today, and that also means it is my first full day of work again. I will be the first to admit that customer service has been lacking. To keep a somewhat healthy balance between work and life, I was unable to spend as many hours in the office or behind the laptop as I normally do. I hope I have some credit left with some of you, and will do my best to get everything back on the rails again!

In the meantime, there have been some issues on a global scale, and for full transparency I thought I'd put them here also:

- The factory in Spain has been working mornings only for months now. They are not allowed to go to work in the afternoon, due to COVID-19 (what else?). This has delayed a large part of the production, including some GMTO's.

- Brexit has made it very difficult to receive Dainite rubber soles, and has also put stress on leather deliveries (parcels being held at the border, with high taxes being imposed).

- The shoe tree factory in China has been forced to close for a few weeks, due to province wide regulations on COVID-19. While Oct. Tenth was able to keep producing shoes, the shoe trees were (are) lagging behind.

- DHL has made it more difficult to schedule in pickups, as my office is located in the centre of Antwerp, which to them is not the most ideal location to get to. Pick ups are not being honoured in many cases, and nothing sucks more than having an order ready for delivery and then waiting days for a simple DHL pick up. As I will be spending whole days at the office again, this will also improve.

But, brighter days ahead! I have been working behind the scenes on Vekla, and for those that follow it, there will be a couple of cool new additions very soon, and even more so for next Spring!

theh00d

Reaction score
^ Nice waiting on those denim shirts and maybe a gat model shoes from vekla?

Hurlazza4

Reaction score
If there is a black suede on black soles option then I'm in.

I just bit the bullet and bought the brown suede version. Now waiting patiently for the backlog of international freight to remember where Australia is located.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.