• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

acapaca

Reaction score
Hm, let's see if I can keep trying to nudge you on another loafer material for MTO. How about oak tarnsjo?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I need your opinion once more guys :D .

Vekla shoeboxes aren't cheap, they cost me a staggering 2.80€ excl. VAT per box. Besides this, the MOQ is 300 boxes while the sneaker factory is more lenient here (300 pair is a small amount for them also, but they don't mind producing even smaller quantities than this).

I've sold a number of the Vekla sneakers to personal friends of mine, and just a few weeks ago I asked a friend about what he did with the box and he told me he put it in the trash. I'm not sure how many of you save your boxes, but I don't imagine the average consumer to save a sneaker inside its original box. That's 2.80€ that goes to waste, plus the effort in producing the box.

So how would you feel about a sneaker box similar to this:

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 09.49.43.png

monkey66

Reaction score

Vekla shoeboxes aren't cheap, they cost me a staggering 2.80€ excl. VAT per box. Besides this, the MOQ is 300 boxes while the sneaker factory is more lenient here (300 pair is a small amount for them also, but they don't mind producing even smaller quantities than this).

I've sold a number of the Vekla sneakers to personal friends of mine, and just a few weeks ago I asked a friend about what he did with the box and he told me he put it in the trash. I'm not sure how many of you save your boxes, but I don't imagine the average consumer to save a sneaker inside its original box. That's 2.80€ that goes to waste, plus the effort in producing the box.

View attachment 1613184
Not that I buy sneakers any more but I would love an option for a premium shoe box.

I keep my shoes boxed and bagged in the wardrobe and ready dislike boxes without room to sit the shoes flat on their soles next to each other.

If there were a £20-30 option for premium box (something like Yeossal do) with a slide out large draw I think I would select it every time.

Not sure if this helps or hinders 🙃

Thomas_M

Reaction score

What about this:
- You raise the price of your sneakers because they are under-priced at the moment.
- You keep offering the same box at that new price.
- You offer an option to customers to order the sneakers without the premium box, maybe offering a discounting choosing this option. In my case, I'd be happy to choose the more eco friendly option if given the choice not really for the discounting but for having the opportunity to buy more responsibly and not have a huge premium box to throw away.
The discount might appeal to some customers and it might make sense to charge them less if they receive less.
But if feel the option to choose is more important than the discount.

OR

You completely switch to a more responsible (and cheaper) packaging, one that is more aligned with Vekla vision and values and I guess more aligned with your customers expectations. Maybe SoH or Oct. Tenth customers expects luxury packagings but maybe Vekla customers expects something more modern and responsible?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Not that I buy sneakers any more but I would love an option for a premium shoe box.

I keep my shoes boxed and bagged in the wardrobe and ready dislike boxes without room to sit the shoes flat on their soles next to each other.

If there were a £20-30 option for premium box (something like Yeossal do) with a slide out large draw I think I would select it every time.

Not sure if this helps or hinders 🙃
Even with the premium boxes the sneakers do not sit flat next to each other. You need to put them in sideways for the shoes to fit. But I do understand your point on a more premium sneaker, not sure if the average Vekla customer does it too.

What about this:
- You raise the price of your sneakers because they are under-priced at the moment.
- You keep offering the same box at that new price.
- You offer an option to customers to order the sneakers without the premium box, maybe offering a discounting choosing this option. In my case, I'd be happy to choose the more eco friendly option if given the choice not really for the discounting but for having the opportunity to buy more responsibly and not have a huge premium box to throw away.
The discount might appeal to some customers and it might make sense to charge them less if they receive less.
But if feel the option to choose is more important than the discount.

OR

You completely switch to a more responsible (and cheaper) packaging, one that is more aligned with Vekla vision and values and I guess more aligned with your customers expectations. Maybe SoH or Oct. Tenth customers expects luxury packagings but maybe Vekla customers expects something more modern and responsible?
I completely agree on your first item in your first point 😅 . They are definitely underpriced. But it is a crowded market and I prefer at the moment to put the price too low than to price them out of my target market.

The current shoe box has a unique selling point, as the paper is made in part out of recycled leather waste from the shoe industry. So while it is more sustainable than your typical premium shoe box, I agree that the flatpack foldable boxes are even more sustainable as cardboard can be easily recycled.

Offering different types of boxes would be very difficult from a logistics point of view. Currently, I fulfil every order myself but I am looking to switch to a fulfilment center (for Vekla), as it is not cost effective to do it myself.

Thank you both for your comments so far!!

evangel21

Reaction score

View attachment 1613184
I keep almost all my shoes in their shoe boxes so I appreciate a good quality box. But given the humid tropical climate I live in where mold is the bane of my shoes, any good quality box ends up with mold. So I guess the quality doesn't really matter as long as they usable.

What I do appreciate is your efforts to ensure sustainbility and the use of recycled materials.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don’t mind lower quality box for Vekla but I can see someone who bought the first pair then saw the 2nd pair go, hum I got cheated on box...

edit: don’t really care for box personally, because it takes too much space in general, I’ll try to keep the nice one, but 80% of the box end up being used for storing my daughter’s Lego anyway...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.