• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

djdanniedee

Reaction score
Glad to see that i'm not the only one that wears beaters to work during winter time. Been wearing Sorel duck boots and derby field boots (CXL and Tarnsjo leathers) and switching them out for oxfords in the office. I carry my oxfords in my bag to work to change into, but man, it gets tiring having that extra weight on you. I'm not the type to just leave my shoes in the office so that's my issue.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad to see that i'm not the only one that wears beaters to work during winter time. Been wearing Sorel duck boots and derby field boots (CXL and Tarnsjo leathers) and switching them out for oxfords in the office. I carry my oxfords in my bag to work to change into, but man, it gets tiring having that extra weight on you. I'm not the type to just leave my shoes in the office so that's my issue.
No sir you are not alone.

Definitely annoying to carry the extra weight, especially when you are probably heavy as it is being triple layered. Not having the same freedom of movement because of those layers, while constantly watching where you walk.

In the summer, fall, and early spring, much much easier.

Last edited:

djdanniedee

Reaction score
THIS! Having a tweed sportscoat and a bulky down jacket on top with a scarf definitely isn't ideal! The added weight from the shoes on top of all that makes one sweaty walk to the office. but i guess it's worth it if my shoes are protected from all that snow/slush/salt.

No sir you are not alone.

Definitely annoying to carry the extra weight, especially when you are probably heavy as it is being triple layered. Not having the same freedom of movement because of those layers, while constantly watching where you walk.

In the fall and early spring, much much easier.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would switch out to boots if it’s snowing or raining outside else it’s anything goes, and I prefer walking, so guess that’s why I topy and metal toe tap everything...

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I left a pair of StC and a pair of MTO Vass in the office and they got stolen, so now I am more careful…

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, I never leave anything at work, but that's crazy (I don't do switch shoes)

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You’re right! Not veldtschoen at all. Still enjoying them though.

Here they are again out on the garden field. I prepare the Utah leather with Pure Polish Water Resistant Cream, works like a charm!

View attachment 1612105
That's really using those boots! Luckily you're a hell of a shoe shiner if they need to be brought back to life.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I received confirmation that the Navy Utah boots and Kudu boots are now finished, they'll be sent on Friday. Hopefully they can finish a few more models by then and send them together.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone interested in a Group Order for the George Split Toe Derby in Chestnut Jamaica Kudu?

€375 incl. VAT or €309 excl. VAT with delivery in September.

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 11.18.52.png

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

• Red

• Gold

• All of the Above

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.