• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

Jmr928

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just a bystander at this point (play sad music) but that Adelaide Oxford gets the W from me. Very lovely design and overall shape is nice. However in saying that, from a F/W sales perspective, i would think the suede wingtip derby might sell better.
+1 It also seems like adelaides are maybe having a bit of a spike at the moment at least among what gets posted. I suppose a lot will depend on whether we have a surge in getting back to normal and a full on revolt of wearing casual clothes over the last 18 months and go hard on tailored clothing or if people adjust to a new normal and offices get more casual which I don't think anyone has really figured out yet - For every anecdote about guys burning their sweats there's another guy selling off all his suits and oxfords. All that said I'm just an observer on this one as well but both are lovely.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
personally neither, but if I were to buy, LWB (or SWB...) in suede is always a good call, overloaded with dress shoes, but always like adelaides (but then also hard to differentiate yourself given so much in the market)

edit: but at least it's not double monk in 2010, never like it...

Last edited:

acapaca

Reaction score
I vote adelaide.

Could we please get a loafer in that chestnut calf?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In keeping with what was already mentioned by @Jmr928, I would purchase based on intended usage.
Require office shoes, select the Adelaides.
Casual, weekends, or walk to the office, select the suedes.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear running shoes to walk to the office and back home (it's about a mile) and switch to dress shoes at my desk. Has done wonders for my plantar fascia.
Winter time is when I definitely wear beaters to work. When inclement weather is so unpredictable. Boots and derbies get worn almost exclusively.
In the summer time, I wear derbies and loafers to work then swap out for dress shoes.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear running shoes to walk to the office and back home (it's about a mile) and switch to dress shoes at my desk. Has done wonders for my plantar fascia.
Winter time is when I definitely wear beaters to work. When inclement weather is so unpredictable. Boots and derbies get worn almost exclusively.
In the summer time, I wear derbies and loafers to work then swap out for dress shoes.
Don't miss the days of walking to work😅

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't miss the days of walking to work😅
Yeah the train (and a full one Pre-Covid) is not a place you want to bring your treasured pieces into. I've had all sorts of accidents on there.

Then of course there's the walking which in the winter time takes on another challenge for footwear.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.