• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

Christian GV.

Reaction score
Gosh, those boots look fantastic! Is that the contemporary round last? How is the fit compared to the AS 87? I have a pair of chukkas on the 87 from when I defaulted to UK 7.5, and I'm not entirely sure I could do that last in 7 like I've been doing with SoH. Might could, though. I'm guessing they fit you similarly in the same size?
Thank you! It’s on the Elegant round last. Well, I experience AS 87 in UK 6.5 as closer to Elegant Round last in UK 6. Also, the ER last has more wiggle room for the toes than the CA last. If you’re a UK7.5 in 87 then I’d recommend breaking in an ER lasted shoe in UK 7 😊

@aj2603 Incredible photography!

Can’t compete on that level, but I’ll still take the liberty to share one last photo of the Halway. I tried to find the angle that, in my eyes, captures its fine lines and beauty for me. Wonderfully made and I’m in love.

7CFA5A2C-23D9-41E0-B488-ACB1FAFBA6D7.jpeg

SoH Halway Utah

Last edited:

George Mason

Reaction score
Thank you! It’s on the Elegant round last. Well, I experience AS 87 in UK 6.5 as closer to Elegant Round last in UK 6. Also, the ER last has more wiggle room for the toes than the CA last. If you’re a UK7.5 in 87 then I’d recommend breaking in an ER lasted shoe in UK 7 😊

Can’t compete on that level, but I’ll still take the liberty to share one last photo of the Halway. I tried to find the angle that, in my eyes, captures its fine lines and beauty for me. Wonderfully made and I’m in love.

View attachment 1602646
SoH Halway Utah
I own the Alfred Sargent 87 in both a chukka (Bexhill) and boot (Cambridge) and I take the same size (7F UK) in those as I do in the SoH elegant round last.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1602646
SoH Halway Utah
Not genuine Veldtschoen are they?

acapaca

Reaction score

CWV

Reaction score
Kind of an stupid question, but does Utah leather wrinkle? I ask because it is so soft.

On that line, I’m afraid shoe trees may stretch the heel of my beautiful loafers. I checked among my shoe trees and I think these are the better fit. What do you think? The left one has trees and the rights does not.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Kangnamstyles

Reaction score
Kind of an stupid question, but does Utah leather wrinkle? I ask because it is so soft.

On that line, I’m afraid shoe trees may stretch the heel of my beautiful loafers. I checked among my shoe trees and I think these are the better fit. What do you think? The left one has trees and the rights does not.

View attachment 1605310View attachment 1605314
Utah rolls similar to shell imho

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1605310View attachment 1605314
If the heel if the shoe tree is larger than the one of the shoe/last, it will loosen the heel cup. This happened to me with a pair of oxfords that I ended up selling since they, after some time with those shoe trees, didn't hold my heel well.

CWV

Reaction score
If the heel if the shoe tree is larger than the one of the shoe/last, it will loosen the heel cup. This happened to me with a pair of oxfords that I ended up selling since they, after some time with those shoe trees, didn't hold my heel well.
To find the correct shoe tree seems not to be that esssy. It can’t ve too narrow either. I’ve read that can damage the heel to.

I think that the ones I found seems to be good. In the pictures there doesn’t seem to be a difference between the heels.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Red

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Gold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 2 50.0%