• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

Potatoe

Reaction score

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very elegant as always Giu!

CWV

Reaction score
O also received my loafers and I REALLY liked them, but I’m unsure about fit. If they weren’t unlined, if they weren’t loafers, if they weren’t Utah, I’d say they are too small, but considering all that they may break in nicely ( thought they are so soft that I don’t know how would they break in lol)
@Notch I sent you a PM

acapaca

Reaction score
My lined Utah loafers went from borderline uncomfortable to a little bit of heel slip and no discomfort at all. I continue to be very impressed by them in just about every way.

CWV

Reaction score
My lined Utah loafers went from borderline uncomfortable to a little bit of heel slip and no discomfort at all. I continue to be very impressed by them in just about every way.
Thats great info.

acapaca

Reaction score
I'm still not giving up on my George Inca grain, they are a bit tight at the toes. Hopefully they end up breaking in nicely.
That's where I'm at on the black Utah chelseas, on I guess the contemporary almond last (though admittedly I keep getting their lasts confused). It presses on the last two toes of my right foot, which seems a little odd to me since my left foot has a bit more girth - though, maybe it's actually the lesser girth that allows the right foot to slide more forward? I have no idea. I tend to think they will be just fine after some breaking in, which I just haven't taken the time to do yet.

Christian GV.

Reaction score
^ Interesting discussion! The contemporary almond last is a little bit too narrow for my last toes as well on both feet, however after 20 wears or so it’s now comfortable and I’m glad the rest of the shoe isn’t roomier as opposed to sizing up.

I just received the Halway GMTO in Utah ebony. The shaft is actually okay for me, but couldn’t have been any larger at the top line. Here they are compared to Alfred Sargent Cambridge on the 87 last, both UK 6 - plus a snapshot from their first outing 👍

E3F585C4-5438-48B4-A07B-B7FDACEC4B34.jpeg
BFFC0B7C-F3BF-4B97-A8F7-6165649F3574.jpeg

Swapped for flat laces also. I like them a lot already!

acapaca

Reaction score
Gosh, those boots look fantastic! Is that the contemporary round last? How is the fit compared to the AS 87? I have a pair of chukkas on the 87 from when I defaulted to UK 7.5, and I'm not entirely sure I could do that last in 7 like I've been doing with SoH. Might could, though. I'm guessing they fit you similarly in the same size?

Today I'm wearing those black chelseas I mentioned above, to try to break them in some more. I guess it's really mostly on the last toe that they get my attention, and on both feet. And I guess it's more of a matter with the 'horizontal width', if you will, straight across, since I notice it most on the outside of the pinky toe (and on the middle joint of that toe a bit as well). So in other words, maybe it's no so much the taper of the toe box -- though it's true that I do feel it against the fourth toe, and I wonder if it would be slightly uncomfortable in a less forgiving leather.

At any rate, where I have struggled in the past with some lasts that were uncomfortable was on the other side of the foot, at the ball. Happy to report no issues in the least on the boots or the loafers in that regard.

Here's a little pic where you might be able to see the outlines of my pinky toe. :)

ChelseaUtah.jpg

dukenukem4ever

Reaction score
That's where I'm at on the black Utah chelseas, on I guess the contemporary almond last (though admittedly I keep getting their lasts confused). It presses on the last two toes of my right foot, which seems a little odd to me since my left foot has a bit more girth - though, maybe it's actually the lesser girth that allows the right foot to slide more forward? I have no idea. I tend to think they will be just fine after some breaking in, which I just haven't taken the time to do yet.
Same experience here with the black utah chelsea.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy