• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Jmr928 , yes but there are 2 types of GMTO's:

There is the type of GMTO where we simply look to split the cost of the leather. In the case of Russian calf, we'd need 4 people to make it work as the hides are rather large. All participants can choose their own design.

Then there is the typical GMTO, where all participants choose the same design, in which case the €45 MTO fee is waived.

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Jmr928 , yes but there are 2 types of GMTO's:

There is the type of GMTO where we simply look to split the cost of the leather. In the case of Russian calf, we'd need 4 people to make it work as the hides are rather large. All participants can choose their own design.

Then there is the typical GMTO, where all participants choose the same design, in which case the €45 MTO fee is waived.
@Notch what would be the additional cost of the Russian calf leather for the GMTO..

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Notch what would be the additional cost of the Russian calf leather for the GMTO..
It is an expensive leather, the additional cost would be €165 excl VAT per person if we find 4 (for a shoe, not a boot).

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I received confirmation from the OT workshop that the low instep last has been placed on the back burner for now, as they are simply too busy with all of the different MTO's for customers. The last couple of orders that I sent in myself involved heavy modification of lasts and patterns, so I can't blame them.

op131

Reaction score
@Notch,
Hi Tom, going back to less exotic grain leathers... Does OCT10 have access to the antique cognac scotchgrain used by VASS?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Notch,
Hi Tom, going back to less exotic grain leathers... Does OCT10 have access to the antique cognac scotchgrain used by VASS?
For some reason, scotch grain leathers are difficult to source in China. I have a source for the Vass antique cognac scotchgrain, but it would also involve sending a whole hide to Shanghai so would need at least 4 participants or so.

op131

Reaction score
For some reason, scotch grain leathers are difficult to source in China. I have a source for the Vass antique cognac scotchgrain, but it would also involve sending a whole hide to Shanghai so would need at least 4 participants or so.
That's good to know. I'd be up for the SpTD high boots in that leather, so now we need three more showing interest.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That's good to know. I'd be up for the SpTD high boots in that leather, so now we need three more showing interest.
Wonderful! For those unaware, this is the leather:

1618486532516.png

And then this would be the model:

Oct. Tenth Boot Saddle Brown Hatch Grain-7.jpg

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If we all agree on the same pattern (the split toe derby boot), and the same leather, then the MTO fee is waived.

@winghus , the base price would then be €600 excl. VAT or €725 incl. VAT, including worldwide delivery. This includes only the construction of the boots with either a full leather or full rubber sole.

All other charges are the same as usual:

€15 excl. VAT for Vibram rubber topy
€25 excl. VAT for metal toe tips
€25 excl. VAT for 180° Norwegian stitch
€50 excl. VAT for 360° Norwegian stitch
€60 for regular lasted shoe trees
€90 for more premium, hollowed out shoe trees

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%