• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whilst not an option, perhaps talking about it will.. Will it into existence. Horween grained shell cordovan.
I would be up for a Grained shell boot..

Here is another idea, and i think @saurabh may also be onboard with this... How bout a GMTO of a split toe boot by OT with Bakers Russian Calf ?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So while there's no model number for that one yet, these are the full specs:

- OT Split Toe Boot
- Hand stitched split toe and apron
- Pu last
- Dark Brown (Saddle Brown) Horween Hatchgrain Calf
- Leather sole
- Rubber topy
- Metal toe tips
- Straight heel
- Lasted shoe trees

Priced at €650 excl. VAT or €785 incl. VAT, excluding shoe trees and including delivery. An absolute killer price for this level of quality and the hand welted construction.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a gorgeous boot. HAF leather soles?. Should not have already a Thorpe in burgundy kudu, I would definetely join!

Edit. Just saw the specs and price. Killer!

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between Utah and that hatch grain?. Seems quite the same to me.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What is the difference between Utah and that hatch grain?. Seems quite the same to me.
I get this question a lot, and while they look the same in pictures, they are two entirely different leathers. I wrote a post about it once:

Horween Hatch Grain: so Hatch Grain by Horween is basically just a print, in this case the base for this leather is the Horween 'Pioneer' leather. It is a chrome tanned, then vacuum dried leather. Vacuum drying is simply drying the leather on a hot metal plate, while the moisture is sucked out of the leather in a vacuum chamber. The print is then rolled into the leather. This results in a finer breaking leather and smoother finish. As this is basically a Chrome tanned leather, what you see is what you get and it will not develop that much of a patina.

Horween Arlington with hatchgrain print: this exists in 3 colours, and it is true that this is sometimes used by Italian makers (it is available through a Horween agent in Milan). The difference between Arlington with hatch grain print and 'Hatch Grain' leather is the tanning. This is very technical but Arlington is toggle dried, a drying method that stretches the leather. The result is a less compact leather. The grain is more open, and the leather has a softer temper.

Utah: finally Utah, this is a completely vegetable tanned leather, stuffed with 9 different types of oil and fat (according to the tannery). The leather is very soft, and will age more naturally than the chrome tanned leathers above.

To make things a bit more confusing, many makers (including Oct. Tenth) re-finish Hatch Grain leather by completely stripping the leather and re-dyeing it with alcohol based dyes. Gaziano & Girling are masters at this, and Oct. Tenth does a very nice job as well. But there have been records of companies where it leads to not-so-good results.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That is a gorgeous boot. HAF leather soles?. Should not have already a Thorpe in burgundy kudu, I would definetely join!

Edit. Just saw the specs and price. Killer!
Yes, I think if you're looking for an epic Fall/Winter boot and not willing to spend €1000+, these are a great choice.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I am looking for some people interested in doing either a GMTO or a MTO in Chestnut Jamaica Kudu calf through Oct. Tenth. I have one customer who's up for an OT01 Split Toe Derby, but if I can find more we can share the cost of the leather.

Attachments

iva80

Reaction score
@Notch I received my Cristopher derbies today. Thank you for the quick service!
The round last reminds me of Meermin RUI, which I could not tolerate (great for standing in them, uncomfortable walking).

Hope I will get along well with them.

evangel21

Reaction score
I am looking for some people interested in doing either a GMTO or a MTO in Chestnut Jamaica Kudu calf through Oct. Tenth. I have one customer who's up for an OT01 Split Toe Derby, but if I can find more we can share the cost of the leather.
Hi Tom. I'd be keen.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey