• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is really necessary. Just checked boots I own by Carmina, Vass, Alfred Sargent, Trickers and Cheaney, and they do not use the construction you suggest. I'd be OK with or without the change you suggest!
Most boots don't have it indeed but Galway (clones) with bellows tongues do.

shoesforever

Reaction score
I'm not that hung up on the way the bellows tongue is constructed on the Halways. Really happy with the ones I have and I don't look on the inside when I'm wearing them. L&T, Cavour and SoH all use the same factory, so it's not like they're not able to do it the other way. Tom wanted his Halways to have a lined tongue, so that's why the factory came up with this solution. If anything Tom's solution is more expensive, since it is lined.

Last edited:

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not that hung up on the way the bellows tongue is constructed on the Halways. Really happy with the ones I have and I don't look on the inside when I'm wearing them. L&T, Cavour and SoH all use the same factory, so it's not like they're not able to do it the other way. Tom wanted his Halways to have a lined tongue, so that's why the factory came up with this solution. If anything Tom's solution is more expensive, since it is lined.
That's not entirely correct. Check out this picture of a Cavour field boot with lined tongue. There you can see that the tongue itself is attached to the vamp making it a bellows construction. The lining is attached afterward on te inside of the tongue. This is the construction you see in all lined bellows constructions I own by the way.

SOH did it the other way around: They have a "loose" tongue like in regular non-bellows boots and have the tongue-lining attached to the vamp to make a bellows construction. That's why I asked previously if the factory perhaps forgot to make a bellows tongue in the first place and solved it in this way. Tom did respond that this method is by design by the way.

1618035769636.png

Same method on Carlos Santos field boots; tongue attached to vamp, tongue lining attached (glued in this case) to tongue alone

20210410_082927.jpg

20210410_082933.jpg

20210410_083046.jpg

Last edited:

George Mason

Reaction score

nikolau

Reaction score
Hi folks, are there any plans for another Chelsea GMTO? I’d be interested in a pair of burgundy utah, deer, or mink suede pair.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have been sick in bed these past few days, not COVID (I had myself tested as it's mandatory to do in Belgium once you have certain symptoms), but turns out I have a sinus infection and one of the symptoms is a lot of painful pressure in the forehead. I'm back at the office today and will be sending out more pre-orders, as a lot of things have been coming in and are due to come in this week. I will also provide a more detailed update once I finish sending out orders today.

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been sick in bed these past few days, not COVID (I had myself tested as it's mandatory to do in Belgium once you have certain symptoms), but turns out I have a sinus infection and one of the symptoms is a lot of painful pressure in the forehead. I'm back at the office today and will be sending out more pre-orders, as a lot of things have been coming in and are due to come in this week. I will also provide a more detailed update once I finish sending out orders today.
Sounds awful Tom. Please gets some rest. Hope u fell better soon

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take care man and a prompt recovery. My orders can wait...

op131

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Tom. Wish you a speedy recovery!

Spideysense

Reaction score
Oh, I remember my last sinus infection like it were yesterday, the headaches were terrible! Take care, Tom!

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
feel better!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%