• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know how long the turnover is for Oct Tenth orders?

Kangnamstyles

Reaction score
Fit check:
After unlacing the speed hooks it took a bit of loosening up the laces a bit more to get the feet so slide in with that unmistakable “thwhipppp” sound.

Tried on standing up and sitting down. Some quick notes: Toe box is just barely wide enough and vamp is same way for being high enough for my slightly wide and higher arched feet. There is quite a bit of room in the arch and shaft area.

I’m wondering if I will need arch support inserts to get a better fit. I think a full length or 3/4 length inserts would make the toe box and vamp area too tight for me.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Fit check:
After unlacing the speed hooks it took a bit of loosening up the laces a bit more to get the feet so slide in with that unmistakable “thwhipppp” sound.

Tried on standing up and sitting down. Some quick notes: Toe box is just barely wide enough and vamp is same way for being high enough for my slightly wide and higher arched feet. There is quite a bit of room in the arch and shaft area.

I’m wondering if I will need arch support inserts to get a better fit. I think a full length or 3/4 length inserts would make the toe box and vamp area too tight for me.
Was this your first pair on Elegant Round? It's usually our easiest last to fit. Perhaps a 3/4 length insert will help and the boots will set with wear.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anybody know how long the turnover is for Oct Tenth orders?
It is supposed to be 6-8 weeks, but the Chinese New Year (basically, the entire month of February) has delayed the orders quite a bit. I will ask how far along we are with your loafers and get back to you.

Kangnamstyles

Reaction score
Was this your first pair on Elegant Round? It's usually our easiest last to fit. Perhaps a 3/4 length insert will help and the boots will set with wear.
Tom, yes this has been an easier fit than the George in the toe box area for sure. It almost feels like I need a hybrid of the Elegant Round (wider and taller toe box) and Contemporary Almond (slimmer waist and heel cap). I will try out a 3/4 insert later today.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is supposed to be 6-8 weeks, but the Chinese New Year (basically, the entire month of February) has delayed the orders quite a bit. I will ask how far along we are with your loafers and get back to you.
Thank you!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.