• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or Elegant Round.....

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We actually did a small RTW of a similar shoe a year or two ago. I’d definitely be up for a re-run as a GMTO:

View attachment 1561001
I would be interested in a rerun of the William in some sort of Zonta brown suede. Preferably on double leather sole because the SoH is SOO good (completely elevates the comfort of the shoe to me over Dainite or Vibram).

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the shoes, waiting for the boot version😜. Let's make it happen Tom!

The Mink Halways looking great by the way!
Whoa a brogued boot version with the medallion on the toe would be epic. Might be a tad flashy for some people but I wouldn't mind

op131

Reaction score
Whoa a brogued boot version with the medallion on the toe would be epic. Might be a tad flashy for some people but I wouldn't mind
Not sure about flashy, but certainly less ubiquitous then Coniston/Galway type derby boots. And surprisingly few options out there: Alden, Carmina MTO, and maybe VASS (though hasn't been offered as RTW in ages).

CWV

Reaction score
I would be interested in a rerun of the William in some sort of Zonta brown suede. Preferably on double leather sole because the SoH is SOO good (completely elevates the comfort of the shoe to me over Dainite or Vibram).
Why is it more confortable? I always thought double leather sole was a thing of aesthetics and durability. Is it more cushioned?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I certainly appreciate the looks of a higher boot in suede, but I don't see myself purchasing one.
I'm stuck in my ways of a higher boot only in a smooth or grained leather. 🤷🏻‍♂️

You know I believe it is because I grew up on the Clark's Desert boot. Chukkas and suede just seem so harmonious. Something in a lower height, especially loafers, 👍🏻 👍🏻 as well.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why is it more confortable? I always thought double leather sole was a thing of aesthetics and durability. Is it more cushioned?
The leather sole used by sons of Henrey is very high quality. I find the SoH shoes with leather sole to be significantly more flexible than the rubber soles. My feet feel much less fatigued on leather soles (I add a rubber half sole on top sometimes). The City sole doesn't give my feet the same support. A lot of personal preference,so YMMV. I already have a lot of shoes, and plenty with rubber soles for bad weather so not a huge priority for me.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The leather sole used by sons of Henrey is very high quality. I find the SoH shoes with leather sole to be significantly more flexible than the rubber soles. My feet feel much less fatigued on leather soles (I add a rubber half sole on top sometimes). The City sole doesn't give my feet the same support. A lot of personal preference,so YMMV. I already have a lot of shoes, and plenty with rubber soles for bad weather so not a huge priority for me.
Any time I think double soles, it illcits thoughts of Alden. I immediately make the connotation with carrying 10 pounds on my feet. Dark days. Dark days I tell you 🙄.

TBF, not all dbl soles are created equal.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We actually did a small RTW of a similar shoe a year or two ago. I’d definitely be up for a re-run as a GMTO:

View attachment 1561001
That William in snuff or dark brown suede would be awesome. Tobacco is really nice to see but too light to match most of your outfit IMO. I have a pair of lovely chukkas in tobacco and whish they were in snuff to show less contrast.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any time I think double soles, it illcits thoughts of Alden. I immediately make the connotation with carrying 10 pounds on my feet. Dark days. Dark days I tell you 🙄.

I love double leather soles for boots and HAF soles for derbies and booties. Wish OT could mount HAF soles in theirs. IMO Aldens dls rock, but my NST would benefit of a sleeker profile/lightness mounting a HAF sole like the Dover.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would be happy with a single leather sole. I do think Alden double soles are on the heavier side. Don't really foresee it being an issue with SoH
That William in snuff or dark brown suede would be awesome. Tobacco is really nice to see but too light to match most of your outfit IMO. I have a pair of lovely chukkas in tobacco and whish they were in snuff to show less contrast.
That's the thing, there's plenty of options for a dark brown suede. Snuff is probably as dark as I would go. The tobacco really was the perfect fit for the shoe and it's not as light as you expect in most lighting. Still kicking myself for not buying it when it was available RTW.

Last edited:

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love double leather soles for boots and HAF soles for derbies and booties. Wish OT could mount HAF soles in theirs. IMO Aldens dls rock, but my NST would benefit of a sleeker profile/lightness mounting a HAF sole like the Dover.
I really like HAF soles as well. The Dover has that dbl to single sole which is great. Tom's old stomping ground, Vass, does it beautifully as well.
For boots, double soles work well.

I'm thinking of my Alden LWB and SWB which if I fling them off my feet to take them off, could easily break a bullet proof window.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy