• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

nikolau

Reaction score
Ok, so let's say 6 people for the mid brown suede, unlined loafer with full strap, similar in design to the Foster & Son Aston (pretty standard design for a full strap loafer). Single leather sole and I would propose an antique edge dressing. Price would be €289.26 excl. VAT, the pattern charge is paid by me.

Who's in?

@SimonC, @Betelgeuse , @JT-PFT , @Thomas_M
Would you still use plastic hard countering in the toe box, or would it be completely unlined?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Would you still use plastic hard countering in the toe box, or would it be completely unlined?
There is a toe puff, but is made from a much softer, more flexible, canvas-like material. You can easily press the toe with your thumb. I have an unlined version of the Utah penny loafer here with me, please see this video:

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We're 4 now for the full strap Penny loafer, need 2 more. If we reach 5 and can't find a 6th, perhaps I can just keep the 6th and take product pictures, then sell it on the website as a one-off. But let's see if we can get to 6 first :) .

Thomas_M

Reaction score
We're 4 now for the full strap Penny loafer, need 2 more. If we reach 5 and can't find a 6th, perhaps I can just keep the 6th and take product pictures, then sell it on the website as a one-off. But let's see if we can get to 6 first :) .
It shouldn't be that hard to find 2 more people to get on the perfect summer loafers train.
I cannot stress enough how happy I am with my brown utah loafers from Sons of Henrey.

SoH Utah loafers (5).jpg

SoH Utah loafers (3).jpg

@BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes we need some of your magic here :rolleyes:

CWV

Reaction score
What is the difference between penny and full strap?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A regular Penny loafer is what Thomas_M posted above, and full strap penny looks like this (picture courtesy of Carmina):

1614006866493.png

The strap extends from left to right.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It shouldn't be that hard to find 2 more people to get on the perfect summer loafers train.
I cannot stress enough how happy I am with my brown utah loafers from Sons of Henrey.

View attachment 1560225
View attachment 1560226

@BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes we need some of your magic here :rolleyes:
Those look good! Well more pictures of loafers being worn would certainly help. 👍🏻

It's certainly much easier to adjust bigger/smaller sizes on laced up footwear versus loafers. Consequently, I believe the indecision concerning the loafers would be sizing not necessarily the color.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A regular Penny loafer is what Thomas_M posted above, and full strap penny looks like this (picture courtesy of Carmina):

View attachment 1560231

The strap extends from left to right.
I have to say that while I have predominantly more regular pennies I think I prefer the fullstrap.

It might be my imagination but depending on color they can either be more or less smarter than your standard penny. Because of the pattern, they assuredly look different than what everyone else is wearing (in relation to standard pennies).

dukenukem4ever

Reaction score
wHAT ARE the details about the full strap penny loafer again?

dukenukem4ever

Reaction score
ah never mind i just saw the deets. i am not a big fan of suede... wish it were cordovan or utah (have fallen in love with the look and texture of utah haha). Sorry I won't be joining it!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats

Results are only viewable after voting.