• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like, last/size comparisons? I can compare to Meermin's Hok long-wing and a J.Fitzpatrick derby from their JF line if you're interested? Tom's photos are going to be about a million times superior to anything I can put out for a purely Christopher photoshoot lol.
Maybe I am mistaken, I thought you compared them side by side to come to that conclusion.

Betelgeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who have the penny loafers in Utah calf, hoe do you like them? Any extra inputs on how they fit? Pics?

And Tom, are the SoH shoe trees available? I'm thinking entering the pre-order for the loafers, really dig them but I going through this phase in which I want the maker shoe trees don't want to use generic ones. :lol:

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who have the penny loafers in Utah calf, hoe do you like them? Any extra inputs on how they fit? Pics?

And Tom, are the SoH shoe trees available? I'm thinking entering the pre-order for the loafers, really dig them but I going through this phase in which I want the maker shoe trees don't want to use generic ones. :lol:
The loafer last is fantastic!! Better than Carmina Uetam last IMO in terms of fit in heel and more comfortable in toe area. If you like loafers then the Soh Utah loafer is a must have.
Also, I don’t think there is a lasted shoe tree from SOH but @Notch can confirm.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The loafer last is fantastic!! Better than Carmina Uetam last IMO in terms of fit in heel and more comfortable in toe area. If you like loafers then the Soh Utah loafer is a must have.
Also, I don’t think there is a lasted shoe tree from SOH but @Notch can confirm.

What's the instep like on it? Uetam and Simpson are too low for me... the instep is perfect on the Blaine's I have

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the instep like on it? Uetam and Simpson are too low for me... the instep is perfect on the Blaine's I have
The instep will be slightly low for the loafer last and it’s not a high instep last. I think it’s comparable to my Uetam last carmina loafers. @Notch can compare the Soh Blaine’s last and loafer last as I do not own that model.

Betelgeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sounds good. I'm thinking I will need to downsize from my Uetam size for the SoH loafers. Uetam in 9UK is pretty much spot on due to my low volume, narrow feet.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The instep will be slightly low for the loafer last and it’s not a high instep last. I think it’s comparable to my Uetam last carmina loafers. @Notch can compare the Soh Blaine’s last and loafer last as I do not own that model.
I'm thinking unlined and Utah should provide some leeway if it is in fact low instep.

Braid

Reaction score
Friends, I've just received those Christophers and I can safely say that the Pembrokes may as well not exist in my universe (and by this I mean the Christophers fully satisfy my current urges for wingtip derbies) anymore (well actually maybe the cigar shell ones but really i just have a hard on for cigar shell in general).. especially so when thinking about the product-to-price ratio 😁. When I actually put on clothes to go outside in 2023 and put these on, it'll be a grand time.

I believe one of our friends here mentioned going down half a size from usual on the Round last and I can definitely see it, but I prefer a slightly roomy fit myself so I'm loving them my usual size.
Curious to see real life pictures of the Christopher and especially a side by side comparison with the Pembroke since you mentioned them.

EDIT: I see I misunderstood your post, at least I was not the only one :D

theh00d

Reaction score
is pembroke the same as the ralph lauren marlow?

If so I have both the christopher and those.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.