• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does SoH offer factory resoles or should be just plan on using someone local when the time comes?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im in trouble. I can’t decide between lined or unlined loafers (and no, both is not an option). I want it as a summer shoe so coolness is a big plus. That makes me think on the unlined. But I’m afraid an unlined loafer night lose shape with use and in general last less. The last factor that nakes me doubt is that the suppleness of utah might be enough to compensate and make even the lines one a great summer shoe.
I hope you can help me with your collective experience.

Thx!
I think unlined offers a lighter, more conforming shoe. In theory, the lack of the lining would potentially take a layer of protection away from something like a puncture but I haven't noticed any of mine to be less durable. I use shoe trees to help with shape, but once they are on foot they fit like a glove.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im in trouble. I can’t decide between lined or unlined loafers (and no, both is not an option). I want it as a summer shoe so coolness is a big plus. That makes me think on the unlined. But I’m afraid an unlined loafer night lose shape with use and in general last less. The last factor that nakes me doubt is that the suppleness of utah might be enough to compensate and make even the lines one a great summer shoe.
I hope you can help me with your collective experience.

Thx!
Unlined if your intentions are summer use. My loafers are also unlined (suede) and I wouldn't want them to be different. They kept their shape by the way and feel like slippers.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Also for sale (cleaning out the racks a bit in case you didn't notice), size 10UK Chukka boot with open channel stitch. Actually a very nice shoe IMO! Asking €140 excl. VAT. Shipping to EU is free, US and Canada is €10, otherwise €15.

Chukka sample.jpg

Chukka sample-2.jpg

Chukka sample-3.jpg

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think this is the count for Navy Utah:

11 people total:

1) Chukka boot with buckle: @acapaca, @WhyUEarly

2) Halway Field Boot (assuming we all can agree to the same setup, either full-utah or bi-material): @Schweino , @Encore , @krspdla, @op131, @tinitini

3) Loafer: @smartbrother , @jischwar , @acapaca , @op131

So in terms of model, we have plenty, but now we need to fill up those empty spots. So 4 people needed for the Chukka boot with buckle, 1 for the Halway field boot, and 2 for the loafer. That would put as at 18.

Jmr928

Reaction score

11 people total:

2) Halway Field Boot (assuming we all can agree to the same setup, either full-utah or bi-material): @Schweino , @Encore , @krspdla, @op131, @tinitini

So in terms of model, we have plenty, but now we need to fill up those empty spots. So 4 people needed for the Chukka boot with buckle, 1 for the Halway field boot, and 2 for the loafer. That would put as at 18.
If the navy halway gets funded in 2021 I'd likely be in but I can't do any more this year.

too_poor_for_this

Reaction score
Friends, I've just received those Christophers and I can safely say that the Pembrokes may as well not exist in my universe (and by this I mean the Christophers fully satisfy my current urges for wingtip derbies) anymore (well actually maybe the cigar shell ones but really i just have a hard on for cigar shell in general).. especially so when thinking about the product-to-price ratio 😁. When I actually put on clothes to go outside in 2023 and put these on, it'll be a grand time.

I believe one of our friends here mentioned going down half a size from usual on the Round last and I can definitely see it, but I prefer a slightly roomy fit myself so I'm loving them my usual size.

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
really, is that with price to quality considered as well? Pembrokes is pretty iconic

too_poor_for_this

Reaction score
really, is that with price to quality considered as well? Pembrokes is pretty iconic
Yeah i was being a bit facetious but not that far off from being completely serious as I'm nowhere as far into my career as some of you veterans so the "value proposition" there is a big pull lol (see my username)

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friends, I've just received those Christophers and I can safely say that the Pembrokes may as well not exist in my universe anymore (well actually maybe the cigar shell ones but really i just have a hard on for cigar shell in general).. especially so when thinking about the product-to-price ratio 😁. When I actually put on clothes to go outside in 2023 and put these on, it'll be a grand time.

I believe one of our friends here mentioned going down half a size from usual on the Round last and I can definitely see it, but I prefer a slightly roomy fit myself so I'm loving them my usual size.
Can you post some comparison photos, and if you can elaborate a bit that’d be great, thanks.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

11 people total:

The loafer will be unlined correct?

too_poor_for_this

Reaction score
Can you post some comparison photos, and if you can elaborate a bit that’d be great, thanks.
Like, last/size comparisons? I can compare to Meermin's Hok long-wing and a J.Fitzpatrick derby from their JF line if you're interested? Tom's photos are going to be about a million times superior to anything I can put out for a purely Christopher photoshoot lol.

op131

Reaction score

11 people total:

3) Loafer: @smartbrother , @jischwar , @acapaca , [B]@op131[/B]

Sneaky move Tom, adding me to 3). :)
I'm not much of a loafer guy, but willing to take one for the Halway team!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.