• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

CWV

Reaction score
Can I get some sizing advise for the loafers please? I have a troublesome right little toe. My 8UK Capital (Loake) monks hurt my litle toe, otherwise the fit is fine. My 9US chukka from Peal and co in 324 CJ last is the same. I have a couple of cheap new Florsheim in 42 that fit fine with no problem. Should I go with the 8UK loafer or will it hurt my litle toe?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can I get some sizing advise for the loafers please? I have a troublesome right little toe. My 8UK Capital (Loake) monks hurt my litle toe, otherwise the fit is fine. My 9US chukka from Peal and co in 324 CJ last is the same. I have a couple of cheap new Florsheim in 42 that fit fine with no problem. Should I go with the 8UK loafer or will it hurt my litle toe?
I would advise true to size 8UK. The loafer last has ample volume in the front, but still fits nice and snug thanks to the reduced instep and vamp area. Should the loafers not fit you, returns are possible on pre-order items.

George Mason

Reaction score
Just received a pair of SoH Ambly brown suede chukkas - deep, rich high-quality dark brown suede, very appealing last shape (the new round last), excellent fit. Just a bit shorter than the Elegant Round last, and slightly rounder. I love them!

Thank you, Tom!

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont have any experience with Utah leather. Why is utah leather much more popular than Delapre (same leather without print)?

Delapre looks quite similar from pics vs Horween Chromexcell leather both combo tanned.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.