• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Woah! You're a very young and handsome guy. Didn't know your face or voice until this video. It's funny, so many of my close friends have a stutter, but it's taught me to be very patient.

Even I don't know how to say Gaziano and Girling. Is it guh-zi-ahh-no and geer-ling? Gah-zee-ahh-no and guhr-ling?
In Dutch, I don't stutter, or barely. But in English, it's different. I can't pronounce the hard 'G'.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyways, back to shoes :D

I'm adding some spring pre-order options. Probably a lined an unlined version of the Utah loafer, and a George with leather sole as a lot of people have been asking me for it. I'll have them up tomorrow.

CWV

Reaction score
Haha, I'm choosing sneaker colours this weekend. The denim is close to finished, hope to have a small set of denim available by summer.
Hey consider mustard shade for vekla sneaker plz!

op131

Reaction score
Haha, I'm choosing sneaker colours this weekend. The denim is close to finished, hope to have a small set of denim available by summer.
Sign me up if it's a high rise with side tabs and single reverse pleats:-D

That was an enjoyable interview. Too bad VASS passed up on the Utah (but good for my wallet!), and you're not the only one with "no love for the black oxford shoes". :)

solid_olid

Reaction score

I'm adding some spring pre-order options. Probably a lined an unlined version of the Utah loafer, and a George with leather sole as a lot of people have been asking me for it. I'll have them up tomorrow.
awesome!

jbe90

Reaction score
Any special deals on Vekla sneakers?
Free shipping or something?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I will offer a free shoe care kit with every purchase. The deal will go live at noon.

VEKLA_Cleaning_Kit.jpg

BaronLSN

Reaction score

Can I perhaps suggest a city-soled Utah loafer - seeing as the factory can't do toe taps?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can I perhaps suggest a city-soled Utah loafer - seeing as the factory can't do toe taps?
I'm actually in talks with a cobbler nearby, who was recommended to my by a friend. He's putting a rubber topy on one of my own shoes as we speak. If he does a good job, I will offer this as an option for next spring. Then people will have the option to put a rubber topy under their shoes, with a delay of 7-10 days. Price will be around 20$ I believe but need to double chck that with the cobbler.

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm actually in talks with a cobbler nearby, who was recommended to my by a friend. He's putting a rubber topy on one of my own shoes as we speak. If he does a good job, I will offer this as an option for next spring. Then people will have the option to put a rubber topy under their shoes, with a delay of 7-10 days. Price will be around 20$ I believe but need to double chck that with the cobbler.
Thats a very good idea ....

Thomas_M

Reaction score
Interesting!

I have just received my Utah Loafers, they are stunning.
A few quick pictures below.

I am pondering if I should put a rubber toppy on them or not.
I am always scared that the leather soles will wear out too quickly with the weather here in Belgium and the fact that I have to walk on gravel to get to my car for example. Or is it just the first few wears where the sole is quickly showing wear and then it is stable for a while? I have no real long time experience with leather sole so any insight is welcome =)

A rubber toppy adds durability but it also adds thickness and reduce flexibility so not decided yet.

Cheers and big up to Tom for this wonderful pair of loafers! :cool:

SoH Utah loafers (1).jpg

SoH Utah loafers (2).jpg

SoH Utah loafers (3).jpg

SoH Utah loafers (4).jpg

SoH Utah loafers (5).jpg

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang, my love cobbler charges me $50 to put one on in Canada 😂

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Interesting!

I have just received my Utah Loafers, they are stunning.
A few quick pictures below.

I am pondering if I should put a rubber toppy on them or not.
I am always scared that the leather soles will wear out too quickly with the weather here in Belgium and the fact that I have to walk on gravel to get to my car for example. Or is it just the first few wears where the sole is quickly showing wear and then it is stable for a while? I have no real long time experience with leather sole so any insight is welcome =)

A rubber toppy adds durability but it also adds thickness and reduce flexibility so not decided yet.

Cheers and big up to Tom for this wonderful pair of loafers! :cool:

View attachment 1505682
View attachment 1505683
View attachment 1505684
View attachment 1505685
View attachment 1505686
They look awesome in your pictures! Wear them in good health.

VaNeT

Reaction score
What about toe plates?

Dang, my love cobbler charges me $50 to put one on in Canada 😂
Cobbler charges me less than $10 in Belarus, but they don't have Lulu toe plates, JR soles and so on :) And I believe they can't make resole, but I'm not sure...

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What about toe plates?

Cobbler charges me less than $10 in Belarus, but they don't have Lulu toe plates, JR soles and so on :) And I believe they can't make resole, but I'm not sure...
Toe plates won't be an option, I don't trust him yet with that :)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.