• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just kidding buddy, but take a look at the GMTO on Navy Utah, not necessary a Halway, maybe some other models. I know you love Utah leather :)
Maybe😉. But yes, I ordered the Blaine in Brown Utah. I'm scared that you are reading my mind, but you haven't quite mastered the hypnosis or I would have already signed up for the navy Utah

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A lot of shoes are flying off the shelves guys. Anyone on here who's on the fence for any particular model? You can always PM me if you have sizing questions, or would like to see some additional pictures.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of shoes are flying off the shelves guys. Anyone on here who's on the fence for any particular model? You can always PM me if you have sizing questions, or would like to see some additional pictures.
Clear the inventory so I am no longer tempted, and we can see some new Spring/Summer collection 😂

grenache

Reaction score
I’m considering the Ambley chukka in brown Utah. I’m a good fit at 7.5uk in Carmina Rain/Sineu/Oscar. I know that the general recommendation is the same size in SoH, but is there any additional insight/comment on the fit of the ER last?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that's a man who puts his SF people first. 👏🏻

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I’m considering the Ambley chukka in brown Utah. I’m a good fit at 7.5uk in Carmina Rain/Sineu/Oscar. I know that the general recommendation is the same size in SoH, but is there any additional insight/comment on the fit of the ER last?
I would advise the same size, that is correct. The Elegant Round last might be our easiest to fit last. The width if a standard width, as is the instep height. The toebox feels generous but is not bulbous, quite similar to the Vass F last if you are familiar with it. The heel on the Elegant Round is slim, as we took of a couple of millimeters from the 'standard' heel width that Springline uses on their lasts.

grenache

Reaction score
I would advise the same size, that is correct. The Elegant Round last might be our easiest to fit last. The width if a standard width, as is the instep height. The toebox feels generous but is not bulbous, quite similar to the Vass F last if you are familiar with it. The heel on the Elegant Round is slim, as we took of a couple of millimeters from the 'standard' heel width that Springline uses on their lasts.
Convinced and order placed. Thank you for the additional information and quick response.

kczsilence

Reaction score
Can someone enlighten me on what pairs well with Navy Utah Galway/Halways?
Googled and couldn't figure out how to wear them. Black denim was mainly what I saw unless I searched wrong.
I missed the Burgundy Halways and then this navy one popped up. Only wish it was a ridgeway sole but Eton dainite is okay if I recall. Someone convince me :)

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone enlighten me on what pairs well with Navy Utah Galway/Halways?
Googled and couldn't figure out how to wear them. Black denim was mainly what I saw unless I searched wrong.
I missed the Burgundy Halways and then this navy one popped up. Only wish it was a ridgeway sole but Eton dainite is okay if I recall. Someone convince me :)
Black denim as you mentioned, but hopefully you can get some decent contrast going on. Light blue denim (since these will be dark enough I presume). Chinos of various colors. Cords of various colors. Moleskins of various colors.

You can probably wear them with Flannel, but they may be out of place due to them being too casual perhaps. Unless of course, you use wooly flannels which are more casual.

Last edited:

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just wear navy shoes the way I wear black. Under the blue cast of natural light especially with a polished shoe, it's not very noticeable to be honest. The pair of boots in my profile pic are navy but it's doubtful anyone would care that they're not black.

For more CM outfits, navy shoes go fine with navy or grey trousers to me. For workwear outfits, I don't see a problem with brown or clothing going with navy. Mustard yellow isn't a bad combination either.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.