• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Burgundy Utah GMTO reached 18 people, so if we can get the same for Navy, it's a definite go. I just talked to the tannery and they're up for producing a small batch of navy utah. @op131 and @Schweino have been big supporters of the idea, so let's see if we can get the ball rolling.

We'd need 2 models, or 3 maximum to reach the required 6 participants per model.

The Chukka with buckle, and Halway (bi-material or plain) are two models that received some interest already. I am going to keep score of these, so please comment below if you're interrested.

So far we have:

1) Chukka boot with buckle: @acapaca

2) Halway Field Boot (assuming we all can agree to the same setup, either full-utah or bi-material): @Schweino , @Encore , @krspdla, @op131

Anyone else interested in joining, or who would like to propose a third makeup? The George SpTD for example, or as mentioned a Penny loafer?
I'm in for the buckle chukka.

Tempted by the Navy Halway, but only if final makeup needs to be different enough from the Black Utah Halway to justify it for myself. Would prefer bimaterial. Utah +delapre doesn't sound too bad.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

mattg1027

Reaction score
Ah man, the newsletter for the upcoming sale brought back painful memories. Bought 4 or 5 pair at amazing prices last year and they were all stolen out of the trunk of my car. They were only in there still because I was planning to photograph them soon. Lesson learned: stop waiting to take f*cking pictures and wear your damn shoes.

Still wonder about what home they eventually went to...

Vadim T

Reaction score
I took @Notch advice and that size fits perfectly. I am normally a 9.5E/10D and find the 9UK fits great in the Chukka boot. May be different for the shoes.

Although, in your pictures for the toe room, it looks like the round last gives you a proper amount of room. I don’t know how your toes don’t feel crammed in the front of the second picture, that looks like about 1/4 or so of room. Ouch
You need to be fluent in English to discuss shoes fit.
It's not about me :)
Everyone has different preferences, I try to choose shoes so that they look great after a few years, of course, not at the expense of comfort.
And can use a different principle of sizing, without bothering with width, size, last, leather, etc... shoes do not fly off my feet when walking, so my size, everyone has their own preferences...

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for you to get AM to NYC
Possible but we would need a minimum of about 10 people (probably easy). Purchasing a minimum of Aurum level footwear, preferably Bespoke (not so easy). That's how much those boys in China purchase 😂.

Actually, he gets about 20 to 25 Bespoke orders per visit. He was doing me the favor of setting the bar at only 10 orders to get the ball rolling. 😊

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Possible but we would need a minimum of about 10 people (probably easy). Purchasing a minimum of Aurum level footwear, preferably Bespoke (not so easy). That's how much those boys in China purchase 😂.

Actually, he gets about 20 to 25 Bespoke orders per visit. He was doing me the favor of setting the bar at only 10 orders to get the ball rolling. 😊
I was under the impression you need 10 more Aurums?

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
😂.
I could potentially pick up 2, but then that would eliminate 2 ideas from other makers I had not used (but want to).
Just have them in different colors. You gotta look at the bright side, if you get the same model from different makers, that helps you with examining the differences between the 2 makers!

Last edited:

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A bit earlier than planned, the Black Friday sale is now live:
20% off a good selection of models, with some even at 30% off. For the quality and uniqueness of leather you receive (Oak calf, Mink suede, Inca grain etc.), these are stellar prices.

Please know that no other discount codes will work, not even the Styleforum discount code. The sale price is fixed.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.