• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

op131

Reaction score
Several of the SoH standard models would look great in navy Utah: both chukkas, the chelsea, George, the penny loafer, and of course the newest addition Halway. Why go for black Utah if you can have it in navy?:cool:

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Burgundy Utah GMTO reached 18 people, so if we can get the same for Navy, it's a definite go. I just talked to the tannery and they're up for producing a small batch of navy utah. @op131 and @Schweino have been big supporters of the idea, so let's see if we can get the ball rolling.

We'd need 2 models, or 3 maximum to reach the required 6 participants per model.

The Chukka with buckle, and Halway (bi-material or plain) are two models that received some interest already. I am going to keep score of these, so please comment below if you're interrested.

So far we have:

1) Chukka boot with buckle: @acapaca

2) Halway Field Boot (assuming we all can agree to the same setup, either full-utah or bi-material): @Schweino , @Encore , @krspdla, @op131

Anyone else interested in joining, or who would like to propose a third makeup? The George SpTD for example, or as mentioned a Penny loafer?

Last edited:

acapaca

Reaction score
The loafer feels like the natural next choice to me. But maybe that's because I've kinda got a thing for blue loafers.

op131

Reaction score
The Burgundy Utah GMTO reached 18 people, so if we can get the same for Navy, it's a definite go. I just talked to the tannery and they're up for producing a small batch of navy utah. @op131 and @Schweino have been big supporters of the idea, so let's see if we can get the ball rolling.

We'd need 2 models, or 3 maximum to reach the required 6 participants per model.

The Chukka with buckle, and Halway (bi-material or plain) are two models that received some interest already. I am going to keep score of these, so please comment below if you're interrested.

So far we have:

2) Halway Field Boot (assuming we all can agree to the same setup, either full-utah or bi-material): @Schweino , @Encore , @krspdla

Anyone else interested in joining, or who would like to propose a third makeup? The George SpTD for example, or as mentioned a Penny loafer?
Obviously IN for the Halway.

Vadim T

Reaction score
sounds like same size is a decent bet
Of course, everyone's feet are different, I will explain why I think that the Round Last should be chosen 1/2 size down.
Look at the distance between quarter (what is it called in english?) I put on a thin and thick sock, where there is a thin sock quarter almost converge, this should not be so, over time, leather will stretch, the cork layer on the sole will sag, the insole will take the shape of a foot and quarter will overlap. Where there is a thick sock, now everything is normal.
P1100793.JPG
and where the thumb is, now I have only the Cavendish (325 last) available for comparison, not very informative, but still better than nothing.
P1100788.JPGP1100795.JPG

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Of course, everyone's feet are different, I will explain why I think that the Round Last should be chosen 1/2 size down.
Look at the distance between quarter (what is it called in english?) I put on a thin and thick sock, where there is a thin sock quarter almost converge, this should not be so, over time, leather will stretch, the cork layer on the sole will sag, the insole will take the shape of a foot and quarter will overlap. Where there is a thick sock, now everything is normal.
View attachment 1503577
and where the thumb is, now I have only the Cavendish (325 last) available for comparison, not very informative, but still better than nothing.
View attachment 1503582View attachment 1503583
you're comparing same size or already size down on the Round last?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So far, there have been few issues with the Round last, except for the larger sizes. @Vadim T wears a size 11.5UK. But I do agree with him that if you're in between sizes, it's best to size down on this one.

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not interested in the navy Utah chukka or the Halway at the moment..

will see what the 3rd model is gonna be...

but for the people interested in the navy Halway boots I think smooth+Utah shaft is the way to go

I especially like the smooth leather on the eyelets on these boots .. I think it’s a very nice detail

32AF2988-7BB1-4879-8EA6-0B5D8117495E.jpeg
2B844A42-3560-44F9-B832-E2B4E216CF07.jpeg

Vadim T

Reaction score
you're comparing same size or already size down on the Round last?
325 last - 11.5 \ Round last - 11.5 \ Elegant Round last - 11.5
My senses tell me that the round last one has the longest internal space of the three listed above.
But I do agree with him that if you're in between sizes, it's best to size down on this one.
Yes, this is probably the most technically correct description.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
New product page with video added:

I have all the videos now, will upload them this afternoon one by one. Should have done this way sooner, but oh well :).

op131

Reaction score
I am not interested in the navy Utah chukka or the Halway at the moment..

will see what the 3rd model is gonna be...

but for the people interested in the navy Halway boots I think smooth+Utah shaft is the way to go

I especially like the smooth leather on the eyelets on these boots .. I think it’s a very nice detail

View attachment 1503590View attachment 1503591
Not a big fan of regular/grain combos, but this model is giving me second thoughts...

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1503577
View attachment 1503582View attachment 1503583
I took @Notch advice and that size fits perfectly. I am normally a 9.5E/10D and find the 9UK fits great in the Chukka boot. May be different for the shoes.

Although, in your pictures for the toe room, it looks like the round last gives you a proper amount of room. I don’t know how your toes don’t feel crammed in the front of the second picture, that looks like about 1/4 or so of room. Ouch

tinitini

Reaction score

2) Halway Field Boot (assuming we all can agree to the same setup, either full-utah or bi-material): @Schweino , @Encore , @krspdla, @op131

Hi

I would probably go for either a "halway" field boot (in full utah) or a laced chukka (not buckle)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.