• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

gzheydey

Reaction score
Look for new home for a pair of SOH high boots (marked size UK7, feel like US8.5d) in dark brown reverse suede from Conceria Zonta, soft vibram rubber sole. Only tried in house, never worn out. Ask for $280 obo shipped conus. Original dust bags and box included.

Attachments

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any update from the factory, Tom?.

TheVirt

Reaction score
I'm thinking of ordering the Utah split toes but a bit unsure on sizing. I'd like to be able to wear these with merino wool socks primarily but with the option of thicker Costco wool socks with jeans if it gets cold. I'm fairly certain I'd be a 6.5UK in dress socks, but should I maybe go for a 7UK if I also want to accommodate thicker socks? Or will the 6.5UK be sufficient since I think I saw that the Utah leather is soft enough to be forgiving?

Also, could my narrow heels be an issue? It's been terrible finding loafers that fit without heel slip – the only ones that have worked have been the Jiro last from The Armoury (Duane loafers) which has a notably narrow heel for flat arches. I've also been experiencing some heel slip in the Carmina monks I have on the Rain last.

Edit: Final question: Will I still be able to receive the shoes by end of November as it says on the site?

Last edited:

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I apologise for my absence here, a lot is going on behind the scenes. I am finalising a pitch deck and investment proposal to help take Vekla to new heights, and have to hand it in this week.

In the meantime though:

- The Ambly chukka boots in Russian Reindeer have arrived and will be sent out ASAP.
- The Halway sample arrived by Express Post, as the factory had forgot to send it with the previous shipment. The Halway in - Dark Brown Utah is stunning :drool: GMTO's will start soon.
- I just received a re-stock of the George SpTD in Dark Brown Utah, so those will also ship soon to those that placed a pre-order
- No ETA yet for the penny loafers or Black Utah chelsea's, but the factory is working hard on them and they'll be sent soon I am sure.
- More samples are incoming, for potential GMTO's :fistbump:

But I need to plan all of that in with the following things:

- this week I need to hand in the investment proposal, and I hope to be admitted to a sort of fast-track investment round.
- next week I was asked to speak for students of the Florence Fashion School regarding Vekla, really thrilled for the opportunity!
- The week after that the Vekla Oxford shirts finally launch

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I apologise for my absence here, a lot is going on behind the scenes. I am finalising a pitch deck and investment proposal to help take Vekla to new heights, and have to hand it in this week.

In the meantime though:

- The Ambly chukka boots in Russian Reindeer have arrived and will be sent out ASAP.
- The Halway sample arrived by Express Post, as the factory had forgot to send it with the previous shipment. The Halway in - Dark Brown Utah is stunning :drool: GMTO's will start soon.
- I just received a re-stock of the George SpTD in Dark Brown Utah, so those will also ship soon to those that placed a pre-order
- No ETA yet for the penny loafers or Black Utah chelsea's, but the factory is working hard on them and they'll be sent soon I am sure.

- this week I need to hand in the investment proposal, and I hope to be admitted to a sort of fast-track investment round.
- next week I was asked to speak for students of the Florence Fashion School regarding Vekla, really thrilled for the opportunity!
Encouraging news about the Halway, although I have interest in the Black Utah. Same idea though so entirely relevant.

Congrats on the Inv. proposal. 🤞 for the fast track. Congrats as well on the upcoming speech & shirts!

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In the meantime though:

Do you have an estimated price for the oxfords, @Notch ? Unless it was in the email and I overlooked it lol

VaNeT

Reaction score
Just checked the back and forth - We organized it back in February.
Oh I see... I just started my goodyear welted footwear way in February :) So the answer is obvious how I miss it :-D

Proleet

Reaction score
You snooze you lose! But I think there is still quite a bit of gmto energy here so if Tom can source an interesting leather (like he is doing with some other Utah colors now) I’m sure you can get something going relatively quickly.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.