• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mañana, mañana, they say in the factory (tomorrow, tomorrow).

They will be picked up on Monday and delivered by end of next week.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Herewith a few visuals of the Cortes Adelaide in the Horween Sienna Hatch grain. Great shoes, and the leather goes very well with the model -- far from being smooth, it doesn't give the oxfords a country-look. (I guess this is why I really like @Notch's offerings, with the leathers you will not find easily at other brands, on very versatile lasts)

Pictures were taken with my phone's camera.

1/ from above.
View attachment 1482763

2/ closer look -- look how beautiful the leather is
View attachment 1482764

3/ close-up of the rear, with the '^' in the heel. Very nice.
View attachment 1482765

4/ another look from above. 'A well proportioned and well executed model'
View attachment 1482766

5/ on my feet, good fitting properties for my feet (close to snug)
Always hard to shoot well from this angle by the way -- my ankles are not that swollen in reality :cool:
View attachment 1482767

Thanks for looking, and hope others that ordered this model are equally happy.
how do you pair overall, I always like the idea, but oxford+grain is formal+casual, so never sure what I would wear exactly (and I would probably prefer a bit darker and less red than this)

Proleet

Reaction score
how do you pair overall, I always like the idea, but oxford+grain is formal+casual, so never sure what I would wear exactly (and I would probably prefer a bit darker and less red than this)
i anticipate wearing these under green, brown and probably even blue cords and maybe linens.

wdrenth

Reaction score
I haven't thought about that yet -- the home office and weekly expedition to the supermarket doesn't require much thinking regarding matching styles. As @Proleet already indicated, I guess this Sienna colour will look great with various shades of brown and green, maybe even with some hints of grey. In particular when the fabric has a little texture as well.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The update on Vekla isn't about sneakers :), it's about our next project.

For the sneakers, I have additional samples coming in next week (a new, high quality calf leather from Conceria Dani that I'm testing). New models will be available starting next Spring.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Different company than EG but same idea, courtesy of a cross post. This one comes in a black Scotch grain leather which would have a more pronounced grain compared to Utah. A nice leather pull tab as well. 4 speed hooks, 4 eyelets.

Screenshot_20201024-145415_Chrome.jpg

@Notch any chance of putting on a faux Norwegian Welt on a Storm welt construction 😁?

Hurlazza4

Reaction score
The update on Vekla isn't about sneakers :), it's about our next project.

For the sneakers, I have additional samples coming in next week (a new, high quality calf leather from Conceria Dani that I'm testing). New models will be available starting next Spring.
But Tom it is spring (at least down here in the antipodes).

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's