• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

    Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2014
Messages
2,973
Reaction score
1,497
Alpine grain + dark brown suede could be a great option too. Lets wait for combo pics of the leathers. By the way, those booties are very elegant. Norman is a great designer and shoemaker.
 

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Joined
May 5, 2020
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
881
So, just received the Chukka boots and took some quick photos with my phone by a window. Was $25 CDN owed by DHL, for future reference. These things look and feel great, even for being a “lower priced model” from what I’ve read, now it’s got me thinking what the higher end line looks and feels like (maybe next year ;)).
First time with real Dainite soles and they feel great, but curious how much I’ll slip on ice here in the winter seasons in Canada.
First nice suede shoe and man these are great feeling, didn’t know suede could feel so nice in hand. Much deeper brown in person.
As for the round last, it seems to be a really nice casual last. I got a 9UK and from a quick try on, they seemed to fit my foot great and very comfortable. Will confirm when I try them on for longer tomorrow. Seems to be shorter and lower in the forefoot, but not all that narrow. That narrow heel feels excellent on my feet, however.
For size reference, I have a slight tailor’s bunion I’ve found out, so usually take a 9.5E US preferably, or sometimes a 10D. But shoe sizes are a joke, honestly all up to the last 😂. Also a size 42 in Margom Outsole Sneakers (Archibald London, like a tighter fit like loafers). These are a Christmas Gift, so won’t get much wear for now, but looking forward to giving them a whirl!!
Congrats on the excellent shoe and service @Notch , along with once again @vriche for the vids and how I found them (keep up the content, bro). I’ll be coming back for sure 👍🏻
 

Attachments

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2017
Messages
2,843
Reaction score
4,490
Still buy high boots but don't use all the eyes?
High boots are not needed in the city.
When this thread started, I suggested that Tom make a replica Alden six eye chukka

but he doesn't listen to me, he indulges the wishes of EG fans 😭
Probably more proponents of EG designs due to the price difference. Alden, at their price point, is a relatively easy purchase.

It hurts to have to pay $1500+ for EGs shoes and boots. Consequently, if a certain brand comes around at prices at even less than Alden with similar designs as EG.. You will have people push for those EG replicas.

What's really appetizing about SoH is that it provides those people who love the Galway, for instance, but don't love the $1600 price tag an opportunity to purchase a similar boot (materials & construction) at a third of the price.
 

Vadim T

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2015
Messages
272
Reaction score
280
Probably more proponents of EG designs due to the price difference. Alden, at their price point, is a relatively easy purchase.

It hurts to have to pay $1500+ for EGs shoes and boots. Consequently, if a certain brand comes around at prices at even less than Alden with similar designs as EG.. You will have people push for those EG replicas.

What's really appetizing about SoH is that it provides those people who love the Galway, for instance, but don't love the $1600 price tag an opportunity to purchase a similar boot (materials & construction) at a third of the price.
What we see here, we see the Pareto Law in action here, for 20% of the price you get 80% of the quality. for the remaining 20% of quality you pay 80% extra.
I'm not against EG designs, from such old manufacturers Trickers, Alden, C&J, Weston, EG there are iconic shoe models, which have become classics of the shoe industry, this is undeniable.
 

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2017
Messages
2,843
Reaction score
4,490
What we see here, we see the Pareto Law in action here, for 20% of the price you get 80% of the quality. for the remaining 20% of quality you pay 80% extra.
I'm not against EG designs, from such old manufacturers Trickers, Alden, C&J, Weston, EG there are iconic shoe models, which have become classics of the shoe industry, this is undeniable.
Haha had not considered Pareto's here but quite true 👏🏻.

It is undeniable the influence certain lasts have on people's perceptions of quality for their dollars. EG's lasts and styling combinations are truly iconic, so attempting to purchase the replicas should come as no surprise.

Alden's last, by comparison, are almost rudimentary. Yet there is a certain charm and a place for the Barrie.
Speaking for myself, the Barrie with a cordovan leather in the gunboat design is iconic. A must have. Probably not as sexy as the Carmina and CJ iterations, but considering its lasting influence I would say it is a must have.
 

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2017
Messages
2,843
Reaction score
4,490
Speaking of Alden and the speed hooks topic, I like that the Indy boots have 4 speed hooks, but have 5 eyelets in use (so 9 total).

Although in this case with the Halway, only having 4 in use eyelets are basically like the Galways. So replicating that configuration, is okay in my book.
 
Last edited:

Pb924

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2015
Messages
171
Reaction score
48
Put my off white Vekla’s through a full day’s wear today and man I’m really enjoying them. They fit my foot great and the shape is perfect. Will definitely be picking up more as interesting colorways and materials arise. If I had a nit to pick I’d agree with an earlier comment that the tongue could be a hair thinner and I could also use some extra long laces as I can’t use the last holes with the current pair. But these are really minor issues and I don’t always use the top lace holes on other shoes anyhow.
 

Proleet

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2017
Messages
771
Reaction score
615
Anyone received their sienna adelaides yet? Would love to see some real life pictures
 

wdrenth

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2015
Messages
129
Reaction score
167
Herewith a few visuals of the Cortes Adelaide in the Horween Sienna Hatch grain. Great shoes, and the leather goes very well with the model -- far from being smooth, it doesn't give the oxfords a country-look. (I guess this is why I really like @Notch's offerings, with the leathers you will not find easily at other brands, on very versatile lasts)

Pictures were taken with my phone's camera.

1/ from above.
20201023_105428.jpg

2/ closer look -- look how beautiful the leather is
20201023_105457.jpg

3/ close-up of the rear, with the '^' in the heel. Very nice.
20201023_105556.jpg

4/ another look from above. 'A well proportioned and well executed model'
20201023_105725.jpg

5/ on my feet, good fitting properties for my feet (close to snug)
Always hard to shoot well from this angle by the way -- my ankles are not that swollen in reality :cool:
20201023_110132.jpg

Thanks for looking, and hope others that ordered this model are equally happy.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

  • JW Anderson x Uniqlo

  • Nigo x Virgil Abloh

  • Converse x Midnight Studios

  • Rick Owens x Champion

  • Barbour x Engineered Garments

  • Adidas x Bed JW Ford

  • Jordan Brand x Dior

  • Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

  • Lego x Levi's


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
449,031
Messages
9,719,815
Members
202,886
Latest member
gilsonjuriya
Top