1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Notch, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Notch

Notch Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

Third and final update.

The Sons of Henrey loafer last, again designed by Springline. Very happy with it.

2.jpg

Loafer sample 1.

3.jpg

Loafer sample 2.

4.jpg

Loafer sample 3.

5.jpg

Loafer sample 4.

6.jpg

The above pictures, only cooler.

Webp.net-gifmaker (1).gif

2. Meyboom

Meyboom Senior Member

Great information Tom, I like this inside view of your business, it makes buying from you a more personal experience which I really like. Great to see you're using Inca grain as well. Can I vote for a classic oxford like the Harvey in Inca grain? It's unusual to do oxfords in grained leather but I think it looks really sophisticated.

3. Meyboom

Meyboom Senior Member

Will the loafer last also be used with other models like oxfords and derbies? Maybe this could accomodate for those asking for a last with lower instep (not me since I have a high instep). C&J does so with the 325 last or Cheaney with the 208 last, and Carmina even makes loafers on the Rain last.

4. EUtroll

EUtroll Senior Member

Fully agree!

5. Vadim T

Vadim T Well-Known Member

Tom, thanks for the photo, it's cool!
    What last on boots and what size?

6. Burzan

Burzan Distinguished Member

Incredible insight Tom, very cool to see this stuff. That cap toe boot for FW19 is a highlight for me, as is the loafers. Looking forward to seeing as things progress!

7. Spencerism

Spencerism Member

Tom, great insights into your business process for SoH and your journey to the factory in Almansa. Your food images hearken back my 2006 travels through Malaga, Granada, and Madrid. Ahhh Plaza Major, always guiding me safely back to my friend's loft after vermouths and vinos!

Loafer interest piqued after seeing those four samples!

8. WilYa

WilYa Senior Member

very good point.

9. Notch

Thank you, glad you like it! I've always wanted to be more transparent, although it's not always easy with a factory that does a lot of private label. I can't go around taking pictures of everything, as there will always be something on it that I'm not allowed to show.

I'm really in favour of your suggestion for an oxford in Inca grain.I planned on doing one in Lama, but that leather might be a bit on the soft side. I'd be happy to do a GMTO in Inca grain.

10. Notch

That is definitely an option. The joint and instep are adjusted to fit half a fitting smaller.

As it is a loafer last though, there are some more differences. Slimmer heel and heel seat, slightly pitched heel curve, and few mm shorter for a better fit without laces.

Besides this, the toe will also have a different shape, obviously. But that's a secret still :).

11. Notch

Elegant Round last. For some reason the boot looks a bit wide in the picture. Probably the angle. The shoe to the left of it is the same last:

14.jpg

12. Meyboom

Meyboom Senior Member

Are the boots in Inca 6127 or 6120? The Harveys on elegant round last would look terrific in this leather, I will be in on the GMTO!

13. Notch

Most of the samples will arrive this week and the next. I'm going back to the factory at the end of March, as more samples will be ready by then. So pictures soon!

I also have the lineup ready for F/W 2019 (on paper), and it's going to be a good one :).

I have more of those. Squid and pork rind for example. The Spanish cuisine isn't always my favourite, except for the sweet dishes ;).

Indeed, I had not thought of that. I will wait for the first loafer samples to finish and see from there.

14. Notch

The boots are not in Inca, they are in a regular scotchgrain.

Only the shoe on the left is in Inca grain, colour 8177, dark brown.

15. evangel21

evangel21 Well-Known Member

+1