• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

shoesforever

Reaction score
Follow up on the SoH Chukkas:

Had the chance to wear them a full day now. No blisters on the heel or toes. Very comfortable boot. The Utah calf is very soft and has been very kind to my feet.Due to my protruding pinky, Tom recommended me to stay with the Elegant round and Round toe, and stay away from The Contemporary Almond last, which is a little bit tighter in the toe box. I hope Tom will make more shoes on these last in the future.

Attachments

MadsK

Reaction score
Any news on these?

Hi Mads! I have your email open but didn't get around to it yet. Part of those have been finished, only the ones in Sienna hatch grain (3 pair) are currently still in production. I don't think they'll be that much longer, although in China there currently is a week-long Holiday going on... I hope to have an answer when the workshop re-opens, I just emailed them to ask when this will be exactly.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have one pair of the Cortès in Sienna hatch grain available (made by accident), size 10.5UK. If anyone's interested, please PM me!

Cortes Sienna.jpg

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Halway sample is finished and being Fedex'ed to me.

I would propose that I open a couple of GMTO's later this week, for different combinations of the Halway.

Personally, I was thinking (for now)

- All black Halway
- Dark Brown Utah Halway
- Some kind of Country Grain calf + suede Halway
- Dark Brown Utah + suede Halway

6 people minimum per makeup, approximately 395€ incl. VAT or 326.50€ excl. VAT, and I believe they could go into production straight away (need to check on the black Utah).

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would propose that I open a couple of GMTO's later this week, for different combinations of the Halway.

- All black Halway
- Dark Brown Utah Halway

6 people minimum per makeup, approximately 395€ incl. VAT or 326.50€ excl. VAT, and I believe they could go into production straight away (need to check on the black Utah).
I propose you another make up just in Mink Suede. ;)

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

- All black Halway

6 People for an all Black Halway you say.. 🤔.

Sounds to me like I need to return to my usual politicking ways of shaking hands, hugging old ladies, and kissing babies.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, at least it's not the 12 AM GMTO, then you need to wipe the floor, bring in hot lunch...

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well, at least it's not the 12 AM GMTO, then you need to wipe the floor, bring in hot lunch...
Good point 👍🏻.

So, you all heard the man. We need 5 more willing participants to engage in the production of 6 finely crafted boots.

Ridgeway sole (if that's available or an option @Notch). We can even do a half and half leather (if that's available or am option @Notch).

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Obviously I need an ad right? In order to sway your vote.
So how's this one...

20201020_095802.jpg

Halway built just like his cousin the Galway. Has the same leather as his cousin. What he doesn't have is a $1000 in from of his name.

Vote Black Utah Halway for 2021 usage ✌🏻. You'd be the happier person for it ✌🏻.

Last edited:

acapaca

Reaction score
For Full Black Utah SoHway inspiration - Edward Green Galway Black Utah :)
Now that bad boy...is...a...BEAST! Whoa, baby.

Count me as interested. I sure wouldn't mind to get the chelsea GMTO first, though. Tom, any update on those?

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

- All black Halway
- Dark Brown Utah Halway

Dammm it.. i dont do black boots and already have 2 dark brown Utah boots...

which leaves "Some kind of Country Grain calf + suede Halway".

Thilgela

Reaction score
I am game for dark brown utah halway!

What about some smooth leather + utah/country calf?

@Notch can you get hold of rosewood country calf EG uses?

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dammm it.. i dont do black boots and already have 2 dark brown Utah boots...

which leaves "Some kind of Country Grain calf + suede Halway".
If there is not much contrast I could be in. Dark brown palette would be my way to go ( Mink suede for the shaft?).

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's